Cruising with three on the Majesty.

DW and I are thinking about taking DFIL on a cruise as a surprise. We are looking to keep costs as low as possible since we will be treating dad.

I see they have those overhead pullmen beds but I don't really care for that.

Does the Majesty have inside rooms with sofa beds?

I don't know about the inside rooms having sofa beds, but think seriously about putting 3 in ANY inside/outside room on the Majesty. While I love the Majesty, it has the smallest rooms of any ship that I know of. There were 3 of us in a Jr Suite, and that was tight (on that ship). The inside/outside rooms are about 50 sq ft smaller than that. Then again, it's only for 3 or 4 days........

You do realize that this ship's inside cabins are only 119 s.f. and thats including the bathroom and desk... there is no floor space for another bed.

I myself decided I would not even book a inside with two people, unless it was a huge amount to upgrade. Did a obstructed OV last time as the window helps to me.

A inside with three .. the pullman is the only choice.

I understand wanting to keep your costs down, but consider this....

I'm 6' tall. I can touch both walls while standing in the middle of the room. My walk in closet is about the same size of these cabins, and the cabins have a bathroom and a closet, plus your living space. I wouldn't try and squeeze 3 people into one of these rooms.

I went on the Majesty by myself and I thought the room was soooo small. I couldn't even imagine having my hubby in the same room as me. My kids would have to have their own room for sure. Plus, when the bed is pushed together it's against the wall, so the person on the wall side has to climb over you to get out of bed. Then with that there's about 2 ft width of space, if that, to walk along the bed and to the bathroom.

But, I know I met people who had 4 people in the inside rooms. So, it can be done, but they were college age kids who just needed a pass out place.

It's what you make of it. We have done 4 people in an inside cabin. We dress in shifts. There are 2 beds that can pull together and 2 pull down beds as well. If you are looking for an economical cruise...That it. You will love Majesty. :D

when the bed is pushed together it's against the wall, so the person on the wall side has to climb over you to get out of bed. Then with that there's about 2 ft width of space, if that, to walk along the bed and to the bathroom.

I sat next to a elderly couple in their 80s, and the lady laughed about having to climb over her husband during the night to get to the bathroom. She wasnt tiny either.. pretty funny.

The only ships I know of off hand with inside sofa beds are Oasis and Allure. I wouldn't book three into a standard Majesty cabin unless you really enjoy sharing time/space. I cruise a lot with my parents and we get along great, but on Majesty I always have a solo cabin. :)

The cabins are small but you will not be in the room much. Any cruise on Majesty is worth being a little cramped. She and her crew are awesome..

Do not forget to try the crepes in Compass Deli

My wife loves crepes. If we end up taking this cruise, we will do so.:)

We cruised on sister ship, Monarch, a number of times. I would never suggest sharing an inside cabin with 3 or more for anyone over the age of 20, or unless they are parents with a little one. We split the beds into an "L"shape with just the two of us to have enough space to both stand up at the same time.

Three full sized adults may never want to see each other again after such a trying, crowded trip, these cabins are barely enough space for one person. If it were me, I'd wait until I could afford a second cabin for dad, work some overtime, have a garage sale...do anything to raise the extra cash.

Archived