Kids in CL?

Well, we have stayed in suites quite a few times and although I splurge on our room I do not spend alot on the ship. So, if you are bragging about being a big spender why not go on the pool deck and just buy your drink. Your child will be happier than sitting in a boring lounge.

You, nor anyone else, has to justify what type of cabin they book, how much they paid etc. In civilized company it's not something that should even be discussed. Royal has said over and over how much they appreciate their loyal guests. They have a party on every cruise to tell them just that. It does seem quite ironic that such a big spender wont just take their child to a different venue and buy a drink.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

.....YaaHOOOO ...give it to 'em Tex....One thing I love about Texas is they call 'em as they see 'em.....Hope to run into you and yours someday in the C.L.....:)

Please note the large white Caddy convertible with horns in front parked in the no parking zone next to the ship, with an 18 wheeler behind full of our luggage for our 7 day cruise is me. Please stand back as we move into our suite and invade the CL with our kids. :cool:

Seriously people, you make it sound like your status is such hard work and therefore you deserve to have the captain stop by your inside room every morning and serve you breakfast and kiss your caboose. I just don't buy it, and for the moment it appears RCCL I'd not buying it either.

The CL is not a shrine and allowing someone like me to stop by with my daughter along before dinner to pick up tickets, and maybe have a glass of wine before heading to dinner will not destroy your precious solitude in the least. These comments are silly.

I am pretty confused as to why people think only D+ are complaining?? MANY suite guest are also concerned, including ourselves. We cruise almost exclusively in OS or GS. This issue is not weather one is a D+ or Suite guest, it's the issue that a Bar/ cocktail lounge it really not appropriate for children and that those in the Bar/Cocktail lounge don't feel comfortable having youngsters there. To insinuate that D+ passengers sail in stearage it ridiculous. This is not an issue of D+ or Suite passengers. I agree with bplazo in that it would be a boring environment for a child considering all the venues that are child appropriate.

Please note the large white Caddy convertible with horns in front parked in the no parking zone next to the ship, with an 18 wheeler behind full of our luggage for our 7 day cruise is me. Please stand back as we move into our suite and invade the CL with our kids. :cool:

Seriously people, you make it sound like your status is such hard work and therefore you deserve to have the captain stop by your inside room every morning and serve you breakfast and kiss your caboose. I just don't buy it, and for the moment it appears RCCL I'd not buying it either.

The CL is not a shrine and allowing someone like me to stop by with my daughter along before dinner to pick up tickets, and maybe have a glass of wine before heading to dinner will not destroy your precious solitude in the least. These comments are silly.

What makes you think that the D+ book inside cabins? RCCL probably makes more money from people who buy pictures, PAY for their drinks, play bingo and go to the specialty restrauts, which I might add, should also be for adults only.

I don't see what everyone is so worked up about. We all know most suite guests have no real interest in the free drinks in the CL. They and their kids just want to ask the concierge's to get them some ice show tickets, to pick up some DVDs, or to get a cappuchino and a snack, so they can go spend some quality time with their kids.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't see what everyone is so worked up about. We all know most suite guests have no real interest in the free drinks in the CL. They and their kids just want to ask the concierge's to get them some ice show tickets, to pick up some DVDs, or to get a cappuchino and a snack, so they can go spend some quality time with their kids.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OMG, someone gets the point, congrats! See you in the CL.:D

I am going to book a large group comprised of my childs daycare class (about 20 kids) booked in suites and bring them all with me into the concierge lounge every night. Hope they have enough seats.

Maybe they can add Candy Land to the board game menu, you should have lots of fun with the kids.:cool:

Sorry you did not like my comment, but I am tired of the judgmental elitist "d+" telling everyone in ear shot that only their opinion counts and because the rest of us have not taken a couple of million cruises on "their" cruise line that we need to shut up and do it their way. When I spend the money to fly first class, cruise in a suite, stay in a hotel use, or whatever, I have just as much right to argue my case as does a person who booked the inside cabin somewhere below the engine room 87 times. Sorry if you do not like it, but before you call me judgemental, elitist, or other name, read some of these posts and consider who is looking down thier nose at who. Bottom line, companies want big spenders and they listen to what these customers hae to say.

Hey Tex.....you are a real big spender sailing in a suite on Voyager:rolleyes:...they just about gave/paid ya to sail that ship this year:eek::rolleyes:

It is called making a point, and I got tired of watching everyone who did not attend the christening on the "Song of Norway" get talked down to so much.

I did not like the no kids rule on my recent cruise because it made my daughter feel bad. We spent our days in port and were not able to access the CL in the daytime. If we needed tickets wanted a DVD, or simply wanted a movie, she had to wait outside or somewhere else with one of us. It was silly that she could not come in. The room was half full most nights and very quite, there was nothing going on that would have been improper for her to see and if there had been we would leave. The 350 lb guy in a speedo on the lido deck was offensive, some well dressed people quietly having a drink, not so much.

Complete nonsense...I have a 13yr old daughter and she has never been asked once to leave the CL if she walked in with me during cocktail hour just for me to ask the concierge a quick question.

Complete nonsense...I have a 13yr old daughter and she has never been asked once to leave the CL if she walked in with me during cocktail hour just for me to ask the concierge a quick question.

Agreed, I have often seen young ones in the lounge albeit briefly.

Well then unlike you, I obeyed and respected the rule and did not put the concierge into the awkward position of having to allow me to break the rule or ignore the rule. I followed to rule like I was supposed to and did as I was asked, which you just admitted you did not do. Shame on you for breaking the rule, at least I am doing it the right way by advocating for a change instead of outright ignoring the rules.

Also agee. There is never a problem when families stop by to get a DVD, make a reservation or whatever at the Concierge desk no matter what time of day.

Also agee. There is never a problem when families stop by to get a DVD, make a reservation or whatever at the Concierge desk no matter what time of day.

Then RCCL should modify the rule, no used to mean no, but not so to bajathree. No is just a suggestion.

Remember suite guests, on most ships we have a cocktail party with the ship's captain and upper staff, this maybe an appropriate time to let them know.

I wonder if kids will be invited.

Kids have been invited to every suite party I've been to or heard of. But I've noticed that most times the parents opt to skip the party completely rather than bring the kids. Maybe this is how most of them will also treat the CL if we are lucky. Thinking about it, I haven't seen a kid at one yet although I do know they were invited. I would think they go, I just haven't seen them.

Gina

Then RCCL should modify the rule, no used to mean no, but not so to bajathree. No is just a suggestion.

So you have never broken a rule of any sort? No alcohol, water, smoking, driving one mile an hour over the speed limit? Let me know so I can get a group together to erect a statue.

Well then unlike you, I obeyed and respected the rule and did not put the concierge into the awkward position of having to allow me to break the rule or ignore the rule. I followed to rule like I was supposed to and did as I was asked, which you just admitted you did not do. Shame on you for breaking the rule, at least I am doing it the right way by advocating for a change instead of outright ignoring the rules.

There is no such rule as you claim. The only rule in the past was no kids between 5pm and 8:30 pm. Children of all ages were and are permitted in the CL every other hour of the day and there isn't a concierge on any ship that would ever ask you to take your child out of the lounge during the other 20 1/2 hours of the day.

Apparently you aren't for real.

Gina

So you have never broken a rule of any sort? No alcohol, water, smoking, driving one mile an hour over the speed limit? Let me know so I can get a group together to erect a statue.

Please do, and I prefer marble, it weathers nicely over time.

Bajathree decided to attack my choice of ship, never considering it was the itinerary instead of price that made me select that cruise. Although neither is relevant to this discussion.

Oh and Gina, the whole point of this discussion is that time period.

You know, this discussion was actually going well until you showed up. Everyone presented their opinions pretty respectfully for the most part. People were disagreeing without being disagreeable. You dragged it down to a whole different level. I think you are trolling.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Well said!!

No problem, since there seems to be several that have been lost in this thread I will gather them up and start construction immediately.

You are awesome, maybe I can get you a good deal on your next cruise, I have heard there are alot of cancelations in Alaska next year. Do a good job on the statue and I will hardly bother you in the CL:cool::cool::D

Archived