You may think that I am a bogan in asking this question ....

Dear all

We are crusing on Celebrity X Century on 24th Dec 2011.

Sometime between now and then we will made a decision whether to puchase a drinks package or not however the outcome of the analysis will depend on what drinks might be available onboard and in particular whether it is likely that the ship will have Australian beers and spirits.

... and now here comes the bogan bit *cringes in anticipation of reaction* ... :eek:

... is it likely that the bars will stock Bundaberg Rum or XXXX ?

Reason I ask is that I enjoy a sundowner of Rum and Coke (or two) but if my preferred rum is not available I would stick with wine. Similarly my partner will choose his drinks differently if his choice of beer is not available. The choice of drinks package may alter based on what is available vs our preferences.

My apologies for asking such a low brow question on what is an otherwise very classy place. :D

/bogan alert off.

Highbrow us?? you must be kidding...no silly questions here all questions welcome.

I can't speak for Celebrity unfortunately...but I can tell you that XXXX Gold was available on the Volendam in January so I do think the cruise lines do try to cater to local tastes. Bundy looks awfully liked iced tea if you know what I mean.;) Nothing like a sundowner when you are on a cruise..enjoy.

Cheers

Sue

Hey...my work address is 1 BOGAN Street

So no issues with me

My experience from the US based ships is that they refill supplies locally..although on the Sapphire a few years ago we found they served XXXX in a 1.5 lite can that was supplied from Asia

Dont know about Bundy... but dont accept anything less !!

On our Aust Cruise on Sun Princess on 2009 we had Ozzie booze all the way.

cheers

There was no XXXX (thankfully) or Bundaberg Rum (unfortunately) on the Celebrity Constellation last November. We researched the drinks package and honestly if you are not a heavy, and I mean heavy drinker, the value isn't there. We just paid for our drinks when we wanted them. Not many of the Americans buy then either.

Archived