NCL Pearl

jtdlmc

Trying to make a decision between NCL Pearl and Carnival Miracle out of New York for 2013. The difference between the Pearl and Carnival Miracle is that the Pearl goes to Great Stirrup Cay whereas Carnival goes to Freeport - the other ports are the same. The Pearl is more expensive (about $550 more) but has more activities on board - waterpark, bowling - but also is only 7 nights compared to 8 nights on the Carnival Miracle. So those who have sailed the Pearl - why would you recommend it?

We are late 40s and have an 11-year-old son and 21-year-old daughter (she says she is coming with us - but paying her own way this time - lol!). We have one Carnival cruise under our belt and loved it. We had anytime dining, which was an absolute must. We aren't big socializers, went more to spend time with the kids and relax (though we didn't get much of that in on that cruise - we now know that we don't have to run ourselves ragged doing excursions at every port).

Trying to make a decision between NCL Pearl and Carnival Miracle out of New York for 2013. The difference between the Pearl and Carnival Miracle is that the Pearl goes to Great Stirrup Cay whereas Carnival goes to Freeport - the other ports are the same. The Pearl is more expensive (about $550 more) but has more activities on board - waterpark, bowling - but also is only 7 nights compared to 8 nights on the Carnival Miracle. So those who have sailed the Pearl - why would you recommend it?

We are late 40s and have an 11-year-old son and 21-year-old daughter (she says she is coming with us - but paying her own way this time - lol!). We have one Carnival cruise under our belt and loved it. We had anytime dining, which was an absolute must. We aren't big socializers, went more to spend time with the kids and relax (though we didn't get much of that in on that cruise - we now know that we don't have to run ourselves ragged doing excursions at every port).

We loved the miracle as did my dd and her friend who were 13 at the time. That would be my choice

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

If you are going to relax I'd choose the Pearl plus the other things to do for the kids like the rock climbing wall , pools , bliss ( where alot of the teens hang out).

My addvice is always the same , if you plan on cruising more in the future then try a few different lines . Eventualy you will settle on one that suits you or they all will.

have fun.

Having sailed both ships (and loved them both), I would go for the Miracle for less money and more days. If both were the same length of time and same price, I would vote for the Pearl. Since the Miracle is a day longer and less money, it's a no brainer for me (always go for as long as possible/you can afford).

Having sailed both ships (and loved them both), I would go for the Miracle for less money and more days. If both were the same length of time and same price, I would vote for the Pearl. Since the Miracle is a day longer and less money, it's a no brainer for me (always go for as long as possible/you can afford).

Yeah, I was thinking the extra day would be nice and the difference in price would pay for some extras on board. We were on the Legend this past February and loved the layout of the ship, but kind of wanted to go on a different ship and since the Miracle is a sister ship of the Legend, they'll be the same. Also want to try a different line just for comparison purposes, but hey, I guess we have lots of time to do that. My son being 11 would probably love the waterpark on the Pearl though! Uggghh.....Decisions, decisions, decisions this is the part I really hate about cruising!!!!!

Yeah, I was thinking the extra day would be nice and the difference in price would pay for some extras on board. We were on the Legend this past February and loved the layout of the ship, but kind of wanted to go on a different ship and since the Miracle is a sister ship of the Legend, they'll be the same. Also want to try a different line just for comparison purposes, but hey, I guess we have lots of time to do that. My son being 11 would probably love the waterpark on the Pearl though! Uggghh.....Decisions, decisions, decisions this is the part I really hate about cruising!!!!!

It is a tough choice. I have been on both. They were both GREAT cruises. The main difference is the NCL FREESTYLE concept and on Carnival.....the extra day. My son met his current girlfriend onboard Miracle 2 years ago, when they were 15 and they are still together! We sailed without kids on PEARL last year and loved it. I don't remember a waterpark on the Pearl. There was a slide, but I don't recall a waterpark. Go for price and length of cruise.....all things considered.

It is a tough choice. I have been on both. They were both GREAT cruises. The main difference is the NCL FREESTYLE concept and on Carnival.....the extra day. My son met his current girlfriend onboard Miracle 2 years ago, when they were 15 and they are still together! We sailed without kids on PEARL last year and loved it. I don't remember a waterpark on the Pearl. There was a slide, but I don't recall a waterpark. Go for price and length of cruise.....all things considered.

I went back and checked the pics - it is just a slide and pool, but pretty nice looking pool area with lighted palm trees, etc. Much as I'd like to try NCL, I think I may have to go with Miracle this time. I love freestyle dining as well - anytime dining on Carnival and I will not book a Carnival cruise if I can't get anytime dining - they only have a certain percentage of slots available for ATD - 10% or something like that. I booked a year and a half in advance for our last cruise and there were only 10 spots left for ATD!

Archived