myfitnesspal.com

puggleperson

Hi Guys,

Ive just found this website! How awesome is this!!

Its very similar to Weightwatchers but i dont need to pay the monthly fee to track my exercise/food.... :)

My name on here is jojot22 if you want to add me and we can support each other... i want to lose 19lbs by November...

I lost 7lbs in the past two weeks so here is hoping im on the right track!

Just need to curb my junk food!! Eek!! But it tastes tooooo good.....

Good luck this week everyone!!

Hello skinny jeans and goodbye junk in my trunk :)

Hi everyone! I will have to find this app for my iPad. I have a lot to lose (120lb+), but try not to think of it like that, as it can be overwhelming. I have a referral for RNY in September, but still on the fence about that. We have booked a Carribean cruise for April, and I am kind of anxious about it. I don't wear shorts, let alone a swimsuit. Geez, the thoughts of it makes my heart race. And what kind of excursions am I going to do that doesn't involve swimming? All the snorkeling and scuba diving looks so fun. Just hoping to be a little more comfortable in my own skin come cruise time.

Hi everyone! I will have to find this app for my iPad. I have a lot to lose (120lb+), but try not to think of it like that, as it can be overwhelming. I have a referral for RNY in September, but still on the fence about that. We have booked a Carribean cruise for April, and I am kind of anxious about it. I don't wear shorts, let alone a swimsuit. Geez, the thoughts of it makes my heart race. And what kind of excursions am I going to do that doesn't involve swimming? All the snorkeling and scuba diving looks so fun. Just hoping to be a little more comfortable in my own skin come cruise time.

Hi and welcome to MFP. It is a great tool to help keep you accountable and on track. Feel free to add me there if you want (same user name - cruisinskier).

Regardless of the amount you are looking to lose, my suggestion is to set smaller reaslistic goals for yourself. Lose 10 lbs, workout 3 times this week, etc. This keeps things focused and builds momentum as you achieve them. Best of luck to you and I look forward to hearing of your successes!!

I just downloaded this app after hearing about it on this forum so thanks everyone. My aim is to drop a dress size Before we cruise in October. I will add friends when I work out how, but if anyone wants to add me in the meantime my username is eiles1971.

Question- I just had some pasta for lunch and it came up with 270 cals for 75g, is that 75g pre cooked or after cooking weight. I spooned 75g of cooked pasta into my bowl and there wasn't a lot there

Hi Guys,

Ive just found this website! How awesome is this!!

Its very similar to Weightwatchers but i dont need to pay the monthly fee to track my exercise/food.... :)

My name on here is jojot22 if you want to add me and we can support each other... i want to lose 19lbs by November...

I lost 7lbs in the past two weeks so here is hoping im on the right track!

Just need to curb my junk food!! Eek!! But it tastes tooooo good.....

Good luck this week everyone!!

Hello skinny jeans and goodbye junk in my trunk :)

Hi Jojot & gracy22--just sent you a friend request on MFP--shellyroseg. I agree it's a great site--I've only been using it for couple of weeks.

I love MFP. It is such an awesome tool for weightloss. I lost 5 kilos on it in about 3 weeks before my last holiday. I put the whole 5 back on whilst on my holiday, so I am starting again now - would like to lose 7kg this time. I know that my will power is terrible and once I get on that ship in November I will eat everything no nailed down :eek:

I, too, love MFP. I am fortunate to be involved with a weight loss research study for a major university and they designed my plan for me. MFP is so helpful though because I just scan, search, or add the calories into the app and it caclulates my remaining calories for me. I like that I can search for foods (especially ones without a nutritional guide attached) and decide which would best fit into my remaining calorie allowance.

Im finishing up week 9 and I am 16lbs down! :)

I went camping a few weekends ago and had no reception. It was much more difficult to count and add the calories into my diary on my own rather than just plugging it in to MFP and transcribing it later. Math is not my forte, and continual addition and subtraction in order to find my remaing calorie allowance made it very frustrating to WANT to stick to the goal! But at least, I was limited to whatever food I brought. Im concerned about sticking to the regimen on my cruise without MFP to help!:(

• 2 weeks later...

Love MFP! And so happy to find this blog. It will be nice to talk with others that have the same love of cruising as I do. I too am wanting to lose weight & feel better before my annual Christmas cruise this December. Tired of getting tired so easy & not wanting to walk as far when we are in those beautiful ports. With the help of my cousin who runs marathons, when I logged in to MFP this morning, I was at day 90 and have lost 14lbs. She is helpful in helping me to input the correct portions with things like chicken & pasta. I haven't started really exercising yet, but am looking at purchasing some type of exercise equipment, as the area where we live really is not a good place for running/ walking outside. I would love to have some friends on MFP. Please feel free to add me. The more encouragement, the better!:) You can find me as genevieve66.

Happy Cruising!

Love MFP! And so happy to find this blog. It will be nice to talk with others that have the same love of cruising as I do. I too am wanting to lose weight & feel better before my annual Christmas cruise this December. Tired of getting tired so easy & not wanting to walk as far when we are in those beautiful ports. With the help of my cousin who runs marathons, when I logged in to MFP this morning, I was at day 90 and have lost 14lbs. She is helpful in helping me to input the correct portions with things like chicken & pasta. I haven't started really exercising yet, but am looking at purchasing some type of exercise equipment, as the area where we live really is not a good place for running/ walking outside. I would love to have some friends on MFP. Please feel free to add me. The more encouragement, the better!:) You can find me as genevieve66.

Happy Cruising!

Instead of purchasing expensive exercise equipment if you have an iPad/phone/pod you can try the Nike training club app. It's free and uses mainly body weight exercises. It's aimed at all fitness levels

Instead of purchasing expensive exercise equipment if you have an iPad/phone/pod you can try the Nike training club app. It's free and uses mainly body weight exercises. It's aimed at all fitness levels

None of the above, but I just found a bike for under $200. I'm using a little bit of inheritance money & I think my Nana would be proud of my purchase.:) However, I do have a smartphone & may check it. Thanks for the advice!

I just love MFP!

My best cruising friend has been trying to get me on the MFP bandwagon for a very long time but I kept trying things my own way (and failing miserably!)

I'm a Weight Watchers dropout multiple times and so far all that's working for me is now is the gentle nudge I get from fellow MFP people and a low carb diet. I don't have a whole lot to lose, but I do want to look a lot better on these cruises!!! ;)

ANYONE trying to find the way to do this whole weight loss thing needs to really take a serious look at MFP. Best of all, it's FREE!!! I use the iPhone app to log my food/activity faithfully. The scanning of barcodes makes it all easy-peasy. This is the only "program" I've been able to stick with for more than a week and believe me, I didn't stick to a weight loss regimen for very long before this came along.

If you and I can help each other in any way, look me up. Jayfo1994

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the book link! I'll have to wait until I can borrow again for my Prime Membership.

I love MFP... well, when I can remember to log in! I'm trying again and have logged in for the past week - go me! If you're intersted in more MFP friends, my screen name is Liz827 :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey fellow MFP users. Im dcrummie on MFP. Little about me I have until April 7th, 2013 to reach some sort of goal. I started my weight loss journey Feb 22, 2011. Didnt have a real goal in mind except to see how far I could get by my then September cruise. I did manage to come down from a size 24 to a 18 but for some reason dont remember how much weight I had accually lost. Anywho Im now a size 14 lost roughly 85lbs and have been here for awhile. I would love to come down @ least 2 sizes by cruise time. I am re dedicating myself to myself the same as I didnt back then. You think I can pull it off?

weightloss.jpg.97edd9a03affbaef1219c4a8f90d7bcb.jpg

Hey fellow MFP users. Im dcrummie on MFP. Little about me I have until April 7th, 2013 to reach some sort of goal. I started my weight loss journey Feb 22, 2011. Didnt have a real goal in mind except to see how far I could get by my then September cruise. I did manage to come down from a size 24 to a 18 but for some reason dont remember how much weight I had accually lost. Anywho Im now a size 14 lost roughly 85lbs and have been here for awhile. I would love to come down @ least 2 sizes by cruise time. I am re dedicating myself to myself the same as I didnt back then. You think I can pull it off?

YOU GO GIRL! You can do it! You look so much happier in your later photo!

I am maintaining at 20lbs down, but these last 10lbs are KILLING me! I cant quite seem to jump the hurdle. The more I exercise, the hungrier I am, and Im actually bobbing up and down 3lbs now. Booooo :(

Hi to all the my fitness plan users. I'm happy to say after tracking my food for months I got a pretty good idea of what I could eat. Went on a cruise and came home peeked at scale:eek: 2 days normal amounts of food and salt and my weight was back at pre cruise weight:). With that said my food is all recorded for today on MFP:p

Think MFP gives people great feed back based on what they eat. I added a multivitiamin & one with iron, etc based on days of tracking info. I will be leaving for big trip ~ 32 days cruise that I added a week in Paris plus a few days in Rome. I plan to buddy up with the gym scale & guess ingredients to stay in my range for calories. Since I do not speak, read French, Italian etc each meal will be an adventure.

I went to a weekly class in my area done for free by dad/ son that were on the biggest looser. Some things I agree on, some not. But I do agree you can not exercise off bad eating. (3000 calories 4 times a week, etc). I found out the lady next to me was a nutritionist at the class and would run by her some of my food choices (1avacado per day) etc. and we would discuss that. I found the frozen fajita chicken (strip of breast) a nice backup plan for a quick base to a meal. Fast zap in microwave and added them to a ton of stuff.

Wishing everyone great success on getting a bit more fit. What a great gift to our selfs for the holidays coming up. I'm off to walk my dog, and prepare my poor feet for all the walking in Italy.

The nice thing about how MFP is its versitility. When I went to a birthday party, I ate what food they had adjusting portions as I went and had an idea of what I ate. Same with meals out, you can look up meals before you go or once you come home. Success in loosing weight has been studied and keeping a journal by pen/ paper or apps like MFP have a much better % of success! If you set it up on your computer there are lots of things you can monitor on it. Very nice for those diabetics, renal patients, etc. I wish you every success in weight loss goal.

I've been using MFP for about three months now. I've only lost 5 lbs and have about 15 more to go before a feb cruise. I have managed to get my cholesterol in line tho and that is a plus. I've stepped up my excercises and try to be honest when I post even when I go over. It is a slow process but does help when it comes to portions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi..I've not posted on this thread before but have had computer problems all summer at my 2nd home in NC..now I'm back in FL and have discovered that everyone else that followed the old threads kind of dropped out too!

Anyway..I just want to chime in and say congrats to all who have had diet success.

Isn't MFP the best?! It's so easy to keep track of food, exercise, etc..

I've been using it since last April..never missed a day.

I started out April 1st at around 165lb..(I'm a 59 yr old female..5'4")..Am now down to 145 and have never felt better in my life! I do daily workouts and try to vary them..but always weights for toning, situps and other floor exercises along with a daily walk..I also throw in bike rides, treadmill, ski machine, stepper or something else everyday for variety. I considered this more of a lifestyle change than a diet cause I eat anything I want to..just not much of it.:rolleyes:

We cruise about 25 days from now and although I doubt I'll be below 140 (my goal) I'm so happy to be wearing clothes that have been stashed in the back of my closet and the bottom of my dresser for almost ten years!

I intend to continue this program FOREVER and will not let myself gain on the cruise. I know I can do my daily workouts onboard ship..(I am a VERY EARLY riser)..and I've found from past cruises that if I don't overdo it I don't usually gain. I attribute it to more walking and activity than I'm used to (old, retired )

Congrats to all and stick with it..It's SO worth it!

My husband and I joined back in June right after booking our cruise. I wanted to look better in my swim suit come January. I have to admit, I kept on track for the first month and a half, then stopped. But I am back at it and have lost a total of 19 pounds (8 of that twice, lol). I still have a ways to go, but it took 5 years and three kids to put it all on, so I am keeping it realistic and just hoping to be another 20 pounds down in January, but if not it is no big deal. I will still be snorkeling and having a blast in the Bahamas!

My username is renakay05 if you would like to add me! The more support we have the better!

Archived