myfitnesspal.com

puggleperson

I 'm only one week away from my cruise now..so excited..!!:D

I've been like a kid at Xmas..laying out clothes and discovering outfits that I had 'outgrown' years ago now fit!

MFP is such a help..really kept me motivated.

I'm down 22lbs since April..wanted to lose 25 but I'm pleased.

I plan to continue my good habits on my cruise and for the rest of my life.

I've never felt better!

Keep it up everyone..It's so worth it!

I just synced mfp with my fitbit. Love it! both apps now work together. When I enter my meals in mfp it also shows up on my fitbit app. My calories burned. Also shows activity calories from fitbit. Very nice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm cruising at the end of February and I'm looking for accountability on mfp, I want to start logging again, but I always lose interest when I don't see the quick results. My user name is the same one I have here. Friend me over on mfp, let me know how you found me and we can support each other.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I am on My Fitness Pal as SkinnyinItaly - I am trying to lose 27 pounds by April 27, 2013 for a European Cruise that leaves from Venice, Italy. My entire office is dieting with me and we all start TOMORROW. We are eating pumpkin rolls and chocolate candy today. :o

Regardless, I am going to REALLY stick with this and I REALLY want to enjoy my vacation as a healthier, happier individual. I need all the motivation and support I can get so please add me as a friend on My Fitness Pal and talk away!!

Happy New Year! I am starting MFP today (tried it for just a couple of weeks before). How do I add people from this thread as friends? When I click on friends it says I can add from Facebook or email...how do I add you guys in by user name? Thanks!

Happy New Year! I am starting MFP today (tried it for just a couple of weeks before). How do I add people from this thread as friends? When I click on friends it says I can add from Facebook or email...how do I add you guys in by user name? Thanks!

Happy New Year and Welcome. Just click "Community" in the upper right corner of MFP. You can then just add someone by username. Click search and there they are!! :D GOOD LUCK!!

Feel free to friend me - I need all the support and motivation I can get - I'm under SkinnyinItaly

Happy New Year and Welcome. Just click "Community" in the upper right corner of MFP. You can then just add someone by username. Click search and there they are!! :D GOOD LUCK!!

Feel free to friend me - I need all the support and motivation I can get - I'm under SkinnyinItaly

Thank you!

I'm on MFP also. Momsdumplin. I'm down almost 30lbs since I joined. I diet a few months then I hover a while to see if I can maintain before getting back on my diet. Trying to lose at least another 20 lbs before I cruise in May. Feel free to request me.

• 2 weeks later...

I love MFP! I've been using it for over a year (off and on). :rolleyes:

My username is amberpryor if anyone wants more friends!

I have lost and gained and lost and gained, etc. some of those. My last few months were especially stressful, and I gained it all back. The scale says otherwise, but I can tell because none of my clothes fit. I have been logging my exercise since Dec 26, and logging my food since Jan 14 this time. Hoping this next four months goes better, especially since I have a cruise at the end of it as a goal!

I bought a new swimsuit on clearance online, and it did NOT look like I wanted it to look on me. It gives me more motivation to work out harder and cut out the bad foods. I'm still trying to figure out what foods are best to eat. This morning, I ate a healthy breakfast, and it says I already maxxed out my sugar intake for the day! :eek:

Anyway, I'm planning to keep up my workouts while onboard the cruise. But I would like to be able to plan ahead what I'll eat onboard like I do when I go to restaurants. Has anyone seen a calorie count menu for the cruise food?

I love MFP! I've been using it for over a year (off and on). :rolleyes:

My username is amberpryor if anyone wants more friends!

I have lost and gained and lost and gained, etc. some of those. My last few months were especially stressful, and I gained it all back. The scale says otherwise, but I can tell because none of my clothes fit. I have been logging my exercise since Dec 26, and logging my food since Jan 14 this time. Hoping this next four months goes better, especially since I have a cruise at the end of it as a goal!

I bought a new swimsuit on clearance online, and it did NOT look like I wanted it to look on me. It gives me more motivation to work out harder and cut out the bad foods. I'm still trying to figure out what foods are best to eat. This morning, I ate a healthy breakfast, and it says I already maxxed out my sugar intake for the day! :eek:

Anyway, I'm planning to keep up my workouts while onboard the cruise. But I would like to be able to plan ahead what I'll eat onboard like I do when I go to restaurants. Has anyone seen a calorie count menu for the cruise food?

I, too, would love to see nutritional info. But I have seen this site which lists the menus and you can maybe look up similar dishes to get a general idea of content. (Which is what I plan to do... Although it never is perfect!) Im sure its listed somewhere here, but heres the link again anyway: http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

Too bad they don't list Royal Caribbean menus. But I guess what I'll do is just use my judgment to try and not over eat. You know, choose soups that are broth based instead of cream based, skip the bread, eat plenty of vegetables, etc. I won't be able to log my activities on MFP anyway until I get back to the states, so I guess I should just take the week off from logging, do my best, and get back in the routine as soon as I get back.

Thanks to those of you who have already friended me! If you ever see my status say "hasn't logged in in 5 days," make sure to kick me into gear!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm on there as well. They have a few good groups and enough info on there to make your head start swimming. Eat, train, progress is a good group with a lot of information from knowledgeable people. If anyone wants to add me, I'm there under the same username.

So far I've lost 7 pounds (Hopefully more as my weekly weigh in is tomorrow.).

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE mfp! What I especially love is tracking my food AND the fact that there are so many meals/food items in the database already. In fact, a co-worker of mine was going to a popular Texas based seafood restaurant today and was stressed about what to eat.

I showed her how to log in to MFP and sure enough, some of the lunch specials were already in the database... and it helped her make her decision ahead of time.

I'd love to meet some more MFP devotees -- I'm AnnInTexas on there.

Ann

I've been on MFP for almost 2 years. I LOVE it then I found the fitbit and it got even better!!! I would say it's the best site fopr tracking, maintaining and losing. :)

Good Luck Everyone and Happy Cruising!

I had my 1 yr anniversary yesterday on MFP, love it as well!

Do you like your Fitbit?? I am waiting for the flex to come out and can't wait to try it. Thought is would be awesome for the cruises as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived