myfitnesspal.com

puggleperson

after 30 days.... lost 5 lbs and more than 5 inches lost from chest/waist/hips. lost additional 3 inches from thighs, arms & neck. :eek:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

That's great! What type of exercise do you do?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

That's great! What type of exercise do you do?

I am alternating between the "Slim in 6" tapes/dvd, treadmill and bicycling.

I ordered the tapes about 2 years ago. They sat around for awhile, and I used them last year. At that time, I met my initial goals and quit using them (I lost 13 lbs, and dropped a pants size). Never made it to the 3rd tape.

I'm a little slower this time around. It took me 4 weeks just to feel like I could keep up with 3 out of the 4 routines on the 1st tape. But that's ok with me. I'd rather do it right and give 100% before moving on. Just started the 2nd tape this week.

I'm on a strict 1200 cal/day diet. Therefore, I have to eat back most of my exercise calories. No fast food. Once or twice a week, I eat a sweet snack and have a small glass (6-8 oz) soda. Considering that I ate fast food at least once a day (usually a large value meal with drink) and chocolate chip cookies were my breakfast, I think that having a treat a couple times of week (as long as I stay within the 1200 cal day) isn't going to hurt my progress.

Thanks for "listening" to my ramblins. Have a great day.

I am alternating between the "Slim in 6" tapes/dvd, treadmill and bicycling.

I ordered the tapes about 2 years ago. They sat around for awhile, and I used them last year. At that time, I met my initial goals and quit using them (I lost 13 lbs, and dropped a pants size). Never made it to the 3rd tape.

I'm a little slower this time around. It took me 4 weeks just to feel like I could keep up with 3 out of the 4 routines on the 1st tape. But that's ok with me. I'd rather do it right and give 100% before moving on. Just started the 2nd tape this week.

I'm on a strict 1200 cal/day diet. Therefore, I have to eat back most of my exercise calories. No fast food. Once or twice a week, I eat a sweet snack and have a small glass (6-8 oz) soda. Considering that I ate fast food at least once a day (usually a large value meal with drink) and chocolate chip cookies were my breakfast, I think that having a treat a couple times of week (as long as I stay within the 1200 cal day) isn't going to hurt my progress.

Thanks for "listening" to my ramblins. Have a great day.

That sounds like a good sensible plan to me. I also have the 10 Minute workout and the Chalene Extreme. never did Chalene extreme. Did some if the 10 minute workout and like it a lot. Now I do a bootcamp that I purchased through groupon. Three times/week for 6 weeks. Going on Carnival Glory May 15 and want to make sure I can still fit my cruise clothing!!! It can creep up on you so fast! But I'm doing fine. I also try to stay around 1200/day. How much have you lost so far?

I started MFP the end of March and LOVE it! Lost 8 lbs so far and hoping for a couple of more before our cruise. I know I will gain a couple back, but at least it is not on top of what I was at;)

MFP is awesome! I've been using it since January 2012 and have lost 31 lbs. Gained 3 lbs during my cruise but now on the track to lose it back. Lost 1 lb so far.

you will lose it back quickly if you were determined enough to lose 31 lbs so far this year 3lbs is nothing follow your determination and you will do fine if you will add me as a friend and we can follow each others progress

MFP screen name dlminnerjr

you will lose it back quickly if you were determined enough to lose 31 lbs so far this year 3lbs is nothing follow your determination and you will do fine if you will add me as a friend and we can follow each others progress

MFP screen name dlminnerjr

You're right. The determination is helping me lose it. Sent ya a MFP invite.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from my cruise/honeymoon! Know I gained but not going to weigh right now. Starting back on the program and MFP today. Will weigh in 2 weeks....

Karen

Hi all. I found MFP last night for the first time based on the comments on this board. As per another thread I started, i am on a mission to lose 20+ pounds by August for our cruise. I am 10 days in and down 6 pounds but I realize that is not a realistic pace. We actually have a challenge among 8 of us who will be cruising.

I haven't had alot of time to check out MFP in much detail but will do so. I have just joined MFP with the same name as here so feel free to add me to your friends list if you wish.

Thanks

Jerry

25 days into it and 8lbs gone still have a ways to go but i didnt gain it over nite so cant expect it to go away over nite

Isn't that the truth....we gain it over time and expect to lose it in a week!!! Keep up the great progress!

Well it has only been about 5 days since I found the MFP site (thanks to this thread) and I am hooked. I have tracked my daily meals every day and am learning lots about the composition of the foods we eat. Knowledge is power as they say....

I have shared this site with a few others who are also now using it. I have been able to stick within the planned 1600 calories per day and have yet to exceed it. I do need to work a little on the sodium and sugars but that will come as I learn more about food combinations.

Overall this is a great site and gets part credit (I will take a little credit myself ;)) for my 7+lb loss to date.

Jerry

That's great Jerry! Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks Karen. I notice you are in Richmond. My son and I were in Richmond a few weeks back. I had always wanted to see a Nascar race so we turned it into a boy's weekend as he had just graduated and has since started in the working world as a paramedic. We didn't spend a lot of time in Richmond but in addition to the Nascar race we did get a chance to tour your Capital building and take in some of the history in the area. We also had seen our Blue Jays lose in Baltimore as part of the extended weekend trip.

Anyway, thanks for your support!!

Jerry

• 1 month later...

Using for past 8 weeks on my iPad. Not added it to my iPhone yet. Helps you see if you need to add a multi vitiamin etc. Very pleased with weight loss using this free app. Nice to add the exercises and it tells you how many calories you burned. 24 hour fitness has info on their web site for weight loss, nutrition, exercises. Lance Armstrong site has lots of info too! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Using for past 8 weeks on my iPad. Not added it to my iPhone yet. Helps you see if you need to add a multi vitiamin etc. Very pleased with weight loss using this free app. Nice to add the exercises and it tells you how many calories you burned. 24 hour fitness has info on their web site for weight loss, nutrition, exercises. Lance Armstrong site has lots of info too! :cool:

Hi Kathy,

I've been on MyFitnessPal for about 6 days now. It seems to work well for me -- I use it on my iPad too. I'll try 24 hour fitness. I cruise in 3 months! :D

I also started using MFP last Thursday and it truly is eye opening. I exercise six days a week and am finding I'm pretty much having to eat my exercise calories and I don't want to since I'm also cruising in October and want faster results. I wish it wouldn't let me have those burnt calories.

Hi all. I have been on MFP for just over 2 months now and it is fantastic!! I have tracked my food and exercise every day (my wife says I am slightly addicted :D) but I have lost 24 lbs so something is working!!

Feel free to add me if you wish just please send a quick note so I know how you found me....same user name there as here. Good luck to everyone in reaching your personal goals!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I love MFP, been on it for a month plus and have lost 25lb so far... That tracking your daily consumption is a true eye opening but found it very positive.

hey friend me I could use more friends.

I started this because I want to be able to walk better during our Oct 2012 cruise. And I need to lose a lot.

Gerri

Archived