Anytime dining ??

Flick

This has probably been asked several times before so forgive me for not knowing the answer. We have always done traditional first seating on our cruises but in March we are going to do anytime dining. Can you specify a table for 4 and to carry it to further extremes can you ask for a table by the window if such a table exists.I do know you can request the same serving people if you wish.

This has probably been asked several times before so forgive me for not knowing the answer. We have always done traditional first seating on our cruises but in March we are going to do anytime dining. Can you specify a table for 4 and to carry it to further extremes can you ask for a table by the window if such a table exists.I do know you can request the same serving people if you wish.

Yes and yes. Done that many times...provided the YTD section is near the windows. On the Fantasy class it is.

Just tell the hostess that you don't want to share a table and would like a table by the window. If you have to wait for a table, you will be handed a pager. We have found that if we get to the MDR before 6:45 or after 7:30, we don't have to wait for a table.

Getting a table by a window? Why? It will be dark out th ere and the curtains are closed

In March, if they go early enough they can probably catch the sunset. In my experience as long as there was still light outside they kept the curtains open.

Thank you all for your responses. Really appreciate it! We are going to be celebrating our 50th. wedding anniversary and we are traveling with my wife's sister and her husband. Her sister will be be celebrating her 50th. birthday at the same time. I'll let you do the math.

I've seen discussions regarding YTD tables by the windows, both on this forum and on John Heald's blog, but there's something I do not understand. On every ship I've been on that offered YTD, it's always dark and/or the curtains are drawn. So, I don't understand the appeal.

I've seen discussions regarding YTD tables by the windows, both on this forum and on John Heald's blog, but there's something I do not understand. On every ship I've been on that offered YTD, it's always dark and/or the curtains are drawn. So, I don't understand the appeal.

In the spring, we went to YTD dinner earlier and got to watch the sunset....consider the time of year. When we went in Dec for New Years, we didnt care if we got a table by the window since it was dark.

On our Glory cruise the curtains were open and we saw some beautiful sunsets as it wasn't dark yet. If I remember correctly, on our Destiny cruise they were drawn because it was dark outside anyways. It all depends on the time of year you cruise and where your ship is sailing.

On our Glory cruise the curtains were open and we saw some beautiful sunsets as it wasn't dark yet. If I remember correctly, on our Destiny cruise they were drawn because it was dark outside anyways. It all depends on the time of year you cruise and where your ship is sailing.

you cruised in the summer- poster is cruising in March

For a mexican Riveria cruise--- that sun will set before 6:30 (dining room opens at 6pm.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

you cruised in the summer- poster is cruising in March

For a mexican Riveria cruise--- that sun will set before 6:30 (dining room opens at 6pm.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Thank you so much for that information...you're right, no point in "worrying" about a window table to look out onto the dark!

Archived