First Timers with 3 y.o in Southern Caribbean....what excursions can we do?

FTCCO

We'll be sailing on the RCCL Adventure of the Seas (mid December) with our 3 y.o, and aren't sure what excursions we'd be able to do because our child is young. The stops are St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curaco and Aruba.

I'd hate to go all the way to these islands and then sit on the boat, but I'm hesitant to sign up for excursions that we aren't sure would work for us.

I'd also love to hear tips from people who have anything to offer on the route, or the ship.

Thank you!

You will find a lot of info about RCCL on the RCCL board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

You will find a number of excursions you can take. However, they won't be the "active" ones- snorkeling, sailing, hiking,etc. They will probably be more along the lines of the bus tours.

Do you like the beach? If so, beaches are quite easy to get to on your own at minimal cost. A bit of research on where you're going will give you the info you need to have a lovely day off of the ship! Go to each countries website or get a guidebook so you'll know what's avail. in each place, and how to get there!!

We'll be sailing on the RCCL Adventure of the Seas (mid December) with our 3 y.o, and aren't sure what excursions we'd be able to do because our child is young. The stops are St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curaco and Aruba.

I'd hate to go all the way to these islands and then sit on the boat, but I'm hesitant to sign up for excursions that we aren't sure would work for us.

I'd also love to hear tips from people who have anything to offer on the route, or the ship.

Thank you!

We went to Coral World and Coki Beach with our two boys, the youngest was 3 yrs at the time. Be forewarned, the standard tourist transportation in St. Thomas is converted Ford trucks with 5 rows of bench seating...no seatbelts, no doors. You can easily grab a taxi at the port, install your car seat and drive much more safely to where you want to go.

You can also try the family forum, there are lots of people who have travelled with toddlers and pre-schoolers who can give you other ideas.

In St. Thomas you can go to Havensight & take a cable car up to the top of a mountain for a panoramic view. It's overpriced but the little one will be safe & thrilled by the ride / view. There is a parrot or some other animal at a store at the top that you can more to get your picture taken with. There are also colorful hammock chairs that might make for an intersting challange.

Check the Curacao boards . . . . there is some animal they have a ton of that you can go see. I forgot.

In Aruba I'd just take a public bus to a public beach. There are bars with bathrooms. Your little one can look for sea shells, build a sand castle etc. Be careful though. The drop off from the beach to the water is SHARP & there are no lifeguards that I saw.

Archived