Bad Neighbours

9CE

Disembarked Odyssey 15 August and had a great time but......

First night at 1.30 am our neighbours returned to their veranda to party with their friends. A gentle word didn't prevent a repeat performance on night two at 2.15 am. We spoke to guest services and a "good neighbour" card made no difference. A further complaint brought our neighbours a meeting with the head of guest services and provided us with a few quiet nights. A pity they decided to celebrate their last night on board!

No complaint about SB, though maybe the first warning should have been more specific rather than mentioning door closing only.

The veranda can be a problem as well as an asset.

Any ideas about a more successful way of dealing with such a problem?

We love the public space on the larger ships but will be looking to a balcony cruise next time.

Disembarked Odyssey 15 August and had a great time but......

Any ideas about a more successful way of dealing with such a problem?

We love the public space on the larger ships but will be looking to a balcony cruise next time.

It's unfortunate you had such inconsiderate neighbors, but as you probably understand, rude behavior can be found on any cruise ship, resort or any vacation spot. For this and other reasons, specifically for cruising, such as numerous kids and large groups on board, we never take any cruises between roughly mid-April and mid-September as a defensive measure and never Med cruises. A couple of recent posts discussed this issue on Seabourn summer cruises in the Med. Timing and location, though not always a guarantee, is a good traveler's tool.

The easiest way to avoid this problem is - on the larger ships - move down to deck 4 - a large picture window but no veranda! Although I am sure it is a very rare problem, at least you would not have to worry in advance that it might happen again.

On the small ships, the 'Juliet' balcony. i.e. floor to ceiling opening windows and about a foot of floor space to stand out on avoids this problem altgether.

• 2 weeks later...
Was it a seven day cruise? Unfortunately, you will get more "party people" on those.

I really love these references. Are you referring to people who actually run businesses and still work for a living? My wife and I only take 7 day cruises for that reason, and I would like to think we are an asset to Seabourn, as were many of the other short timers we met on our 3 cruises with them.

I really love these references. Are you referring to people who actually run businesses and still work for a living? My wife and I only take 7 day cruises for that reason, and I would like to think we are an asset to Seabourn, as were many of the other short timers we met on our 3 cruises with them.

:DThank you for your comment. We too are 7 day cruisers that love SB but still are employed and find it hard to send more time cruising.

No, I am not referring to people who can on;y take 7 day cruises because they are still working. I am referring to the younger demographic which 7 day cruises attract. Younger people party more than older ones whether they are working or not.

Archived