Chefs Table Menu changed? Host Mach, please respond

kyrisong1

Host Mach you always seem to be "in the know"

Lots of people stating a new menu for Chefs Table on one ship but not another. Are they trying a new menu out to see if people like it or are they changing period????

Really would appreciate knowing the real scoop!!!

Cheers, Carole

Host Mach you always seem to be "in the know"

Lots of people stating a new menu for Chefs Table on one ship but not another. Are they trying a new menu out to see if people like it or are they changing period????

Really would appreciate knowing the real scoop!!!

Cheers, Carole

I just posted on John Heald's FB this morning and received a response from him. The new menu is being used ONLY on the Magic at this time. I told him my cruise dates(early in Oct.) and was told the old menu will still be used fleet wide except for the Magic at that time.

I hope this helps.

I just posted on John Heald's FB this morning and received a response from him. The new menu is being used ONLY on the Magic at this time. I told him my cruise dates(early in Oct.) and was told the old menu will still be used fleet wide except for the Magic at that time.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply, we are cruising mid Oct so I guess I'll continue to plan on the Chefs' Table, the menu posted for Magic just didn't appeal, we'd rather do the Steak house twice and buy the wine.

Cheers and again thank you, Carole

Thank you so much for your reply, we are cruising mid Oct so I guess I'll continue to plan on the Chefs' Table, the menu posted for Magic just didn't appeal, we'd rather do the Steak house twice and buy the wine.

Cheers and again thank you, Carole

Yep... shelkate is right. The menu is only on the Magic and John has been asking anyone who has done both to offer an opinion. I don't believe anyone has but looking a the new menu I can tell you I don't find it terribly appealing:

228840_226896877352881_144285012280735_613697_1172582_n.jpg

:)

Yep... shelkate is right. The menu is only on the Magic and John has been asking anyone who has done both to offer an opinion. I don't believe anyone has but looking a the new menu I can tell you I don't find it terribly appealing:

i can't do limks right now. is fried chicken, meatloaf, and blue nun wine on it? or is this the european sailings?

i can't do limks right now. is fried chicken, meatloaf, and blue nun wine on it? or is this the european sailings?

Nope... no fried chicken but there is beef ribs, if that will give you an idea. Somehow, I don't see ribs as something for a Chef's Table style event... a BBQ in the back yard... yeah... but Chef's Table? I think not...

:rolleyes:

The entire cruise experience is sure changing

Supper Club turned into a steakhouse

Formal to Elegant

The new menu options sounds like eating at Po Folks restraunt

Now change the chefs table menu

What next.....Elegant night dinner will be hot dogs and hamburgers served at the outside grill

The entire cruise experience is sure changing

Supper Club turned into a steakhouse

Formal to Elegant

The new menu options sounds like eating at Po Folks restraunt

Now change the chefs table menu

What next.....Elegant night dinner will be hot dogs and hamburgers served at the outside grill

yes. this is what the current carnival cruiser wants. they like lower fares and no frills.

and I don't think carnival will stop until they require you to insert a biggass token to board.

Hmmm im not a fan of the new menu and the cut backs at all and agree that Carnival is going no frills to save the cheap prices they charge..

However this new chefs table menu , ( to me doesn’t appear to a downgrade at all).

its all about the ingredients and their quality….

Prosciutto—if it’s a good high end ( something like di palma) or the wagyu ribs.. if its again quality then it would be something special ( wagyu beef is the strain of beef they have in Kobe ) so if its of a good quality.. it could be awesome… something very special… will see

I hope this helps.

Thank you for this as we are sailing in Sept. and doing CT for the 2nd time. The new menu doesn't look that appealing to me. Good to know the old menu will still be in place when we sail.:)

banh mi?! That doesn't sound even remotely like any banh mi I've ever heard of!:eek::rolleyes: Why even call it bahn mi? I guess for the exotic sound of the name.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry - I know this comment is a bit specific and trivial, but it just bugs me that they use the specific term and then veer so far off of the definition of a particular food.:o

I don't think I would opt to do the Chef's Table with that menu.

Archived