Sweet Tea on the Freedom

calex1976

I am from the South and prefer Lipton tea with the sugar brewed into the tea. Does anyone know if they serve sweet tea or do you have add sweetener? I have looked up a few old post on this, but have not seen any recent ones.I'm hope they have changed the practice of serving unsweetened only.

I am from the South and prefer Lipton tea with the sugar brewed into the tea. Does anyone know if they serve sweet tea or do you have add sweetener? I have looked up a few old post on this, but have not seen any recent ones.I'm hope they have changed the practice of serving unsweetened only.

You have to add sweetner, I like mine with some Splenda and a little lemonade...... al la Arnold Palmer...Dennis

Well, they don't actually serve brewed tea but tea made from some sort on mix. I only remember unsweetened but then that's what I drink. It's not going to resemble freshly brewed tea in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Sometimes I'm not even sure it resembles tea at all.

Well, they don't actually serve brewed tea but tea made from some sort on mix. I only remember unsweetened but then that's what I drink. It's not going to resemble freshly brewed tea in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Sometimes I'm not even sure it resembles tea at all.

Very well said, I agree 100%. The only way I can drink the "tea" is with a glass full of ice, 1/4 glass of tea & 3/4 glass of water. It tastes like the awful instant tea that my Aunt used to drink, yuck! :p

Can you get hot tea all day? I'd get that, add sugar, stir well, and pour into a glass of ice. Otherwise bring some water flavorings.

My thoughts exactly! It's easy to make your own fresh iced tea any time of day or night if you don't care for the tea in the dispensers. ;)

And if you really love tea, don't miss tea time on the cruise! The scones are to die for! :)

My thoughts exactly! It's easy to make your own fresh iced tea any time of day or night if you don't care for the tea in the dispensers. ;)

And if you really love tea, don't miss tea time on the cruise! The scones are to die for! :)

I've been hearing about making your on tea. Guess I need to bring a bag of sugar with me. Thanks every one for the info

You have to add your own:(

I would pay a premium for REAL brewed sweet tea sweetened when the tea is warm. Why don't they come out with a "tea card?" I would buy it.

That is the one thing I miss. I was raised in the South.

The Tea Sucks!

It is unsweetened instant made from a liquid concentrate.

Now...having said that and also saying I am a southern sweet tea snob,

I will say this.

The dining room tea usually tastes more like unsweetened brewed tea.

What I do ahead of time is start thinking about bad instant

tea, psyching myself up to wanting it, by cruise time.. I am good to go.;)

Sometimes, I might mix it with lemonade, sometimes not.

Also I stop at the first McDonalds on the way home to get some of the real stuff.:D

Sorry, but Im from the "Great White North", and we dont really know anything about "sweet tea", except if you drink brewed tea with sugar added or not. I have however travelled through southern United States, and have enjoyed sweet tea there a few times. Unless you are stuck on having it exactly like you like it, the stuff, and I say "stuff" that comes out of the taps on the ice tea spigots on lido deck, is not sweetened. You can add sugar or splenda or any other artificial sweetener if you need those. Personally, I like to mix the tea with the lemonade, for me more tea, and a touch of lemonade. It works for me, but Im not a southerner, so it might not work for those who want real "sweet tea"

The tea has improved somewhat in the last year or so. The current concentrate does not have the muddy, yucky taste of the previous mix. If one must have fresh-brewed sweet tea, this is the recipe I came up with for DW.

In one coffee cup of the hot water, add -

3 tea bags

2 packs sugar

2 packs Splenda

2 packs raw sugar.

Steep this for 10-15 minutes. Pour over ice.

I know DW was raised in North Carolina and will drink this. I would gag on it as I detest sweet tea.

Doc

I'm originally from North Carolina and was raised on sweet tea. Just recently went back for a visit (family is all there) and I forgot that the tea served is always sweet tea unless something else is requested. I literally could not drink it. It was like drinking pure syrup and I just couldn't get it down. After four days, I learned to just stick with water.

I actually like the tea on the ships. It's not bad at all-with no sweetner and iced down really cold. Not bad at all.

Ok I'm not from the south but I love Maryland (lol) Sweet Tea from McDonalds and Popeyes and Peach Tea from Au Bon Pain (but I digress). My lil sister makes the best sweet tea but it is super sweet. She seeps the lipton tea bags etc.

I say all this to say that I don't really have a prob with the tea on board In MD what most ppl call an Arnold Palmer we call a half and half. I make half n half on board w/no problem.. But you can easily just bring your own lipton tea bag and use the ship's sugar packets etc, to make ur own tea in your room. Bring a fold up cooler and a plastic pitcher and just make alot at once and keep it in your cooler. Your room steward will refill your ice daily if you'd like!!

No sweet tea on any ship, on any cruise line, that I've sailed.

I was a "Damn Yankee" and lived in Atlanta and Birmingham for a number of years. Yankees come to visit and "Damn Yankees" stay. Or at least that's what I was told. :D

I could never handle the sweet tea. I could feel my teeth rotting with each sip. I would always ask for unsweetened and while most places had it they looked at me like I was a bit strange.

Take care,

Mike

Ok I'm not from the south but I love Maryland (lol) Sweet Tea from McDonalds and Popeyes

I do like Popeye's cane sweet tea. Good sweet tea has to be sweetened with real cane sugar to be the best.

I am going to do as suggested and request a cup of hot tea, sugar, and a glass of ice and make my own.

Thanks for the idea, y'all!:D

• 4 weeks later...

I must be crazy... Because I'm an unsweetened tea drinker 24/7 on land and I absolutely love their tea on board Carnival lol It's actually one of the things I look forward too. No it doesn't taste like fresh brewed but it doesn't taste like nestea to me (I hate that stuff)