DIY Corfu Car Rental

banditoo

I am hoping someone may be able to help us plot out some details for our port day in Corfu. We are planning to rent a car and I have read that there is a lovely drive up by some villages and monasteries leading to or in the vicinity of Paleokastritsa Beach. We would also like to take one the of short boat trips in that area to the Grottos. Can anyone provide some direction on driving routes, maps or other suggestions that would be doable for a self drive. What are the roads like to get out of the city from the port? We are in port 0800-1800.

I did this exact trip. I found this website helpful. http://www.greeka.com/ionian/corfu/corfu-beaches/corfu-paleokastritsa.htm

The car rental will give you a map and directions. It's an easy drive on good roads. There is a map on the website to give you an idea of where both places are. Corfu town is called Kerkyra in Greek.

I did this exact trip. I found this website helpful. http://www.greeka.com/ionian/corfu/corfu-beaches/corfu-paleokastritsa.htm

The car rental will give you a map and directions. It's an easy drive on good roads. There is a map on the website to give you an idea of where both places are. Corfu town is called Kerkyra in Greek.

Thanks! I also found this website with driving directions to Paleo. http://www.agni.gr/guides/resort_guide/paleokastritsa.asp

When driving in Corfu and going to the Monastery area, be alert for the one lane roads that are controlled by a traffic signal. There is a Red or Green light by the side of eh raid that signals which cars can go up or down the hill. I have seen tourists drive right past a line of cars stopped at the Red signal only to back down the road later after approaching oncoming cars.

We were there in August and rented from Sunrise. It was the easiest car rental we have ever done! They didn't even require a credit card. They met us at the port, we paid in cash and off we went. At the end of the day we dropped the car off at the Sunrise office. The office would have been a 20 minute or so walk to the port, but the person at the office volunteered to drive us to the boat. We found driving easy and it was almost impossible to get lost.

We were there in August and rented from Sunrise. It was the easiest car rental we have ever done! They didn't even require a credit card. They met us at the port, we paid in cash and off we went. At the end of the day we dropped the car off at the Sunrise office. The office would have been a 20 minute or so walk to the port, but the person at the office volunteered to drive us to the boat. We found driving easy and it was almost impossible to get lost.

Thanks Netta. I have read previous good reviews about Sunrise and that is who we were thinking to rent from.

Archived