Any Suggestions, San Diego Port

Travel_Lover28

Arriving in San Diego at noon on the same day of cruise, should I have taxi stop at Wine Shop/Grocery Store before going to port? Or can I check in my luggage first, then leave to go to the store? How far are the stores from the port? Walking distance? I want to get some sodas, wine, bottled water, and anything that we may have forgotten. How much are taxi from airport to port?

San Diego is a very compact city. You will be able to see your ship as your plane lands. A taxi will set you back about $10.

What time does your ship sail? You need to be onboard 90 minutes before sailaway.

Taxi straight to the port (about 2.5 miles) would run about $10. You won't pass any stores on the way, so I would recommend first checking in to the ship. You can walk about 2 blocks to the RiteAide drug store on Ash & Kettner to purchase water, soda, beer, and a limited selection of wines. If you want a larger selection, then either take another cab, or find one of the local pedicabs (many around the port) and go to someplace in the Gaslamp. There are a number of wine-only stores, or someplace like Cost Plus World Market which has a decent selection, or Ralph's supermarket (about 12 blocks) on Second & Market. You can also cab back past the airport (west of the airport) to the Trader Joe's in Liberty Station. This would run about $13 each way.

Archived