Officers/Crew/Staff..........

sail7seas

I also have never seen a thread re salaries of the officers. I saw the thread about John Heald and questions about his salary over on the carnival board but did not read it all. He is senior CD for carnival and is very visible with his blog and being on Facebook. I personally think he takes a lot of abuse:(

I just hope they all make a lot of money, the captains and officers.....awesome jobs but I would think pretty high stress:eek:

The staff officers make a very solid living for Europeans, especially if their contract is paid in euros. They also get a pension and a potential bonus each year. I think in the United States their compensation would not be seen as satisfactory.

I'll bet they're still making regular rent or mortgage payments on their permanent home while working on the ship. :)

Doesn't matter. It still changes the overall picture of salary. When room and board is included in a salary it can't be compared to a land based salary. It's apples to oranges.

The staff officers make a very solid living for Europeans, especially if their contract is paid in euros. They also get a pension and a potential bonus each year. I think in the United States their compensation would not be seen as satisfactory.

Unfortunately I believe HAL Officers are paid in US Dollars so lately their pay has taken a hit.

I've seen many threads discussing stewards' wages as some pax consider that as it may influence their tipping decisions, but can't remember ever seeing one asking Officers and Staff salaries.

I just don't get that. :( In a land-based restaurant, does anyone think about the actual wage the house is paying the server when calculating the tip? NO. So why does it matter at sea? :confused:

If you think about it, the $11/pppd service charge, plus any extra one might give for exceptional service, is peanuts, percentage-wise, if you totalled the cost of the meals & other attentions on-board. We're more than happy to pay those hard-working crewmembers. :)

Archived