Pre-cruise obsession

Sonicked

I booked my honeymoon cruise for March about 3 weeks ago and I've been so excited. This is my 2nd cruise (1st was in 2006) and this is my fiance's 1st cruise. Ever since I found cruise critic a week ago, my excitement has turned into an obsession. The cruise is all I think about and I haven't even touched wedding stuff since the cruise was booked, which is bad since there's still so much to do in the small amount of time we have left. I check cruise critic every night and it takes so much restraint to not check it while I'm at work. Every night while reading threads or looking at port excursions or reviews/deck plan of the cruise ship, I tell my fiance about the interesting things I've come across.

I was starting to think I was strange for being obsessed but I'm glad to know I'm not! :)

If you've noticed there are THOUSANDS of people that are the same as you. Going on a cruise is like living a mini-fantasy. Of course it is important to plan, investigate and prepare for the BEST experience possible. One bit of advice that I found helpful is if you are taking a warm weather cruise, take a backpack or carry-on bag with a bathing suit, sunscreen, sunglasses, beach cover up etc. so that you are ready to enjoy the pool until the embarking process is completed. In many cases, you are not allowed to go to your stateroom until much later in the day and if all your swimwear is packed in your checked luggage, you might find yourself getting irritable wishing you could use the pool and start on your tan!

I can't even book a cruise for another couple of months, but thanks to my obsession, I know we are going to Alaska sailing southbound on the Celebrity Millennium in late June/mid July 2013 :eek: and we are going to do a week prior to the cruise in inland Alaska - driving to Denali, touring Denali National Park, rafting down the Nenana River, a Midnight ATV excursion, trekking on the Matanuska glacier, train to Seward, Kenai Fjords tour, Alaska SeaLife Center - even have the hotels picked out!

My DH and my DS's are getting sick of hearing about Alaska, but oh are they going to have fun! I did the same thing before we went on our Spring Break Cruise in 2010 and they had the best time! The kids loved it so much they've been wanting to cruise for their Spring Breaks since (wish we could!)

Haha, at least I know I'm not alone. My cruise isn't until 10/31 and I can't get enough research!!! I am a planner so I know that's a big part of it. This cruise is a HUGE deal to me so I think it's ok to be obsessive about it!!! lol

O thank God its not just me...... I am going on first cruise in may and all I do is eat,breath and sleep cruise. I actually wake up in the morning thinking about it.I google every pot and read all about the ship and look at everyones photos. ( thanks for posting photos they are great)....... My kids tell me they will be sick of the cruise before we even go on it. lol lol .....

We wouldn't be here if we didnt.

The worst part is I found the Cruise Critic Tapatalk app on my iPhone, so now I'm looking constantly instead of just when I'm bored at work or drinking my coffee in the morning.

I agree with whoever said it depends on how the day is going. If I'm having a great day, I may go to CruiseCritic or Royalcaribbean.com once a day, bad days (or winter) I'm on constantly :rolleyes:

I fly in 5 days and have been obsessed for months. I am lucky to already have the next one booked, so as soon as I am off of this one I can continue the obsession with the next one!

It is a wonderful cycle knowing that I will always have a cruise booked.

That is half the fun of cruising. I love researching for different excursions and places to eat when were in ports of call. When I don't have a cruise to research for that is when I figure that it is time to book my next one. Right Now I am researching for our trip on the Carnival Fantasy

I am ALSO obsessive! My sister actually gives me specific times when I can talk about all of my research (it's like once every 4 days)!! I read about everything, I read the reviews about the staterooms, read all about the specialty dining and am sick when it comes to price checking!!!

I have a 2-day cruise to nowhere with 5 of my girlfriends then a week long cruise to Bermuda the very next week. I could literally talk, daydream, plan and read about vacationing every day. :D

I can't stop reading everything about cruising. Now that I've found this message board I'm glued to it too.

I know the feeling! I discovered CC prior to my last cruise and was instantly addicted. We just booked our next cruise and it's not until December but I'm already on here all the time. I can tell I'm driving my husband crazy with all the cruise talk already but I can't help myself.

OMG! I have Cruise Brain, but it's no ordinary case; it's very severe. My cruise is booked 12/22/12 aboard Carnival Triumph. I'm glad to know that I have been treating it appropriately; however, I fear that I am getting worse instead of better. My family limits me to one cruise comment a day! It's so bad that when my SIL mentioned a cruise in 10/12, I tried to get her to move the date up (without success) and am now encouraging her to pick the sail date so that we can book.

I am a CC junkie! My family and I are sailing on the Carnival Freedom in June and I am obsessed with these boards! I even check it at work ... shhhhhhhhh ... don't tell! :p I have already subscribed to about 10 threads! :D

A First!! A cruiser that works?!!!:D

john

I am a CC junkie! My family and I are sailing on the Carnival Freedom in June and I am obsessed with these boards! I even check it at work ... shhhhhhhhh ... don't tell! :p I have already subscribed to about 10 threads! :D

I did that too when I worked! Celebrity used to have a cruise camera on the bridge so you could check in anytime and see where your ship was and what was going on. Guess what I did instead of crunching numbers???? :)

Archived