Where do I find a list of shore excursions?

mainewoods

Hi,

I tried to search the Cunard site for the shore excursions, but when I select the location from the drop-down, and hit 'submit', it doesn't launch me anywhere. So then I tried going to the 'destinations' page and selecting my desired destination (i.e. Halifax); on the page there's 'shore excursions' title listed, but nothing noted.

So I thought, hey, this site wants me to watch the 1:03 video about shore excursions before it lets me proceed. Nope, that didn't work either.

Any ideas on how to view a listing? Is this something that would only show up on your voyage personaliser after you've booked?

Or is this something with my computer perhaps?

Hi,

I tried to search the Cunard site for the shore excursions, but when I select the location from the drop-down, and hit 'submit', it doesn't launch me anywhere. So then I tried going to the 'destinations' page and selecting my desired destination (i.e. Halifax); on the page there's 'shore excursions' title listed, but nothing noted.

So I thought, hey, this site wants me to watch the 1:03 video about shore excursions before it lets me proceed. Nope, that didn't work either.

Any ideas on how to view a listing? Is this something that would only show up on your voyage personaliser after you've booked?

Or is this something with my computer perhaps?

You can access them through the Voyage Personaliser for the trip that you have booked

You can access them through the Voyage Personaliser for the trip that you have booked

Thank you Capn'. I'll take a look once I book my voyage.

But I do find it odd that the Cunard main site has this as an option, which seems to suggest that one doesn't have to sign in to search. But there have been other posts on this message board about the site, so I'm not all that surprised that there is another glitch...

Hopefully the this site's search works soon. I did a search on 'military' and all I got was one post about the "dancer's opinion of cunard..." (2500+ replies). :confused:

Hi - I couldn't access them either via Cunards site - but a little trick for you - go into the P& O Cruises website (the UK one anyway!), click on "destinations" and you will find everything you need to know! Although there may be differences in some of the excursions (and prices...) it will give you a pretty good idea of what you can expect. Cunard & P & O have very similar excursions available.

Here are two things about shore excursions. They don't publish them until about 100 days before you sail- which can be a problem if you really need to know details. However they DO tend to do the same excursions. The second thing is that you can't reach the general or "past" information about shore excursions by the route you described. I tried that also- even with a Cunard rep on the phone. She could see a list of places- I couldn't. But here is where you can find information: On the Cunard Home page, go to the bottom. Under the heading Destinations, click on the one you want, e.g., for me it was USA, Hawaii. Then click on that and it will take to to a page with "Ports of Call." It's not exactly Shore Excursions but it will give you some idea.

The online shore excursion planner on the Cunard website is absolutely lame. In fact, their entire website leaves much to be desired.

Cunard should be allocating more to their technology department rather than their hype department.

I'd rather be able to preview and book shore excursions as easily as I can on other cruise lines rather than reading pompous press releases about silly floats in the Rose Bowl Day Parade.

IMHO.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I did actually try them all, and saved the pdf from underwatr (thank you for posting that). That helped quite a bit as I'm looking at the 4th of July voyage 2012. All your help and the roll call for this voyage will really help me plan a wonderful time (again - as this will be the 4th time I've taken this itinerary).

Archived