QE in Liverpool

chirk_on_tour

Yep 12.15 we will be going late afternoon to see her not sure we can wait till the fireworks at 2200hrs.

Note sure where but dont think we will miss her if we are near the right place

I think those timings are for QM2 on the 15th. QE is due at 8am and will sail about 9pm with fireworks at 8.50pm.

She will dock at the new cruise dock which is at Princess Dock near the Cunard Buidling.

2009_1020QM2liverpool01852.jpg.6b687063cb9b62eafbca3623ff3a10fa.jpg

silly me thinking I know what I am saying, I am new to all this should know better.

Just got a bit excited because I am going to L pool for the afternoon the QM comes in got to see her before December - I have never seen a big ship in the flesh before the biggest I've seen is the Isle of Man ferry !!!!!

Thanks for the info- will go up on Thursday night to see the QE and see the fireworks at 8-30 and then next week in will be on the special Mersey ferry trip to get up close and personal to the ship and fireworks.

The ferry for the QE fireworks is sold out but the qm2 still has places. And it is only 7 quid for 2 hours.

We will be taking the inlaws to see he qm2 as we went on her for our honeymoon and will be on her on the 5th of June next year for the jubilee celebrations.

The ship will dock at the Liverpool Cruise Terminal on Thursday 8th September for the launch of the six-day Mersey River Festival.

Peter Shanks, Cunard Line president and managing director, said: "Liverpool is Cunard's spiritual home as we were based here for almost 130 years, so it's always a special occassion when one of our ships is back here.

"We hope to top the arrival of Queen Elizabeth on Thursday in four years time on the exact date of our 175th anniversary and have all three of our ships on the Mersey at the same time."

Queen Elizabeth will be on show for just one day at Princes Parade and the public can walk beside the entire 964ft length of the liner.

All the glamourous and rich decor from the 1930s and 1940s are recreated within the 90,900 ton vessel, which joined her sister ships in October 2010.

She will dock at 8:15am and will depart after a firework display at 9:50pm

Archived