Using Military ID?

ramrax4

I guess I may be overly cautious but I NEVER show my military ID outside the US (unless I'm on a US base or post). Sorry, but I don't think advertising one's military affiliation is a good idea in a foreign country as that increases the likelihood of becoming a target of violence or terrorists. If someone does not like Americans to start with (and for most of us, the minute we open our mouth, they know where we are from so no way to hide being an American), then they probably dislike American military even more.

I'm an Air Force retiree and this is a lesson I learned many years ago. I don't consider myself paranoid but I am cautious. I actually believe that I first heard this in a security briefing while I was on active duty.

We are cruising on the Spirit, April 13 Rt out of San Diego. Is Military ID considered acceptable or does my son need to bring BC or passport? He doesn't plan to get off in Ensenada.

Either a passport or BC is required. The military ID is not sufficient because it does not prove citizenship (lots of military members are not citizens).

Archived