Sitting at logan

kbmeow

Heading to Tampa to get on the inspiration today. And I am not excited. Glad to be going but the excitement hasn't kicked in. I know we will have a great vacation . Maybe after I finish my coffee I will feel awake and excited .

We can call Carnival, and for $50, we can do a name change. I'll take your spot! :D

Seriously, I read your previous post where you mentioned that you were not feeling the excitement. Which cruise number will this be for you? Have your previous cruises been on Carnival? I'm asking these questions because they might be contributors to the feelings you are having.

I know how you are feeling, because I was feeling the same way when we cruised on the Fascination last december. I had very little excitement (had already been on this ship and destinations several times, and it was our 9th consecutive cruise on Carnival). The excitement finally kicked in when the ship started moving, but overall, the experience was a bit blah and stale.

I hope that, when you return, you come back telling us that you had a great cruise, but if you don't, consider cruising on a different cruise line. I'm suggesting it NOT because Carnival is bad, but because trying a different cruise line might give you back the excitement about cruising and about experiencing something new. We sailed on Royal Caribbean in May after many consecutive Carnival cruises, and it was awesome! I completely felt the "newbie" excitement all over!

Let us know how your cruise went when you get back! Enjoy...

Heading to Tampa to get on the inspiration today. And I am not excited. Glad to be going but the excitement hasn't kicked in. I know we will have a great vacation . Maybe after I finish my coffee I will feel awake and excited .

I just hope that your flight is direct and on time, with the remains of Tropical Storm Lee blanketing the entire southeast right now.....

I know Atlanta (major hub) is supposed to have heavy rain all day.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Bill

I will be at Logan in about 4 1/2 weeks :) Have a great cruise!

36 days for me :D. I have friends that are sailing on your ship. Find Bonnie & Rob, they will make sure you have a great time. Tell them Franny sent you ;). I hope once you get on board and have your first DOD you'll be out of your funk and on your way to enjoying your vacation.

My 7th Cruise coming up in about 12 days - and still as excited as ever. We booked a year ago - and it seems to have taken forever. I have to think that once you get on the ship - with all the excitement around you (especially from those first timers) - that your excitement will surface. Have a great trip!

the excitement hasn't kicked in. I think these are the key words.

Could it be that the fact that you are going on a cruise has not kicked in and you are still under the stress of work/getting ready for the cruise ? This happens to me every time I go on a cruise. Once on the cruise, the stress level plummets and I hope you have a great cruise ! Remember, there is always something new to do and explore at the ports or you can enjoy having the ship almost to yourself and indulge and make use on the spa. Enjoy !

Archived