Exited newbie needs help!

Waihekean

Only have done one cruise yet, on the Dawn Princess a couple a years ago and have just decided with me Mum tonight to go on another cruise. We are so happy:D:):D:)

We have chosen to go on the Constellation on Sep 15, 2012 visiting a part of the Med.

So I am soaking up anything I can find on the internet at what the "Connie" looks like and so far I like it, Yeah:cool:

But did notice that the balconies on the upper levels seem to be overshadowed by the overhang, Can I surmise that these are not popular? Also find all the categories so confusing:confused:, but I guess that the Panorama deck and the Vista deck are the best locations.

Last time we had a balcony, but this time we might try an ocean view.

On the other hand saw a fabulous aft corner cabin 8166 on 'you tube' and would be keen to try an aft if we could afford it, or is it already too late for booking aft corners? Are there any favourite cabins? or cabins to avoid?

Would like to make this trip the best that I can for my Mum and will really appreciate your input.

I would definitely choose a balcony room over an ocean view room. The balcony is a great place to relax and unwind....with the views and the sounds. The aft cabins with balconies are excellent, though they are significantly more expensive. I am sure you will get more great advice here very soon. good luck and have a great trip.

Jon B

The corner aft cabins are designated Family (FV) and cannot be booked, at least initially, by parties of two. If no one reserves them, then eventually they go into the regular inventory. But they are extremely popular, as are the aft cabins in the center, which are Concierge Class. Often they are the first cabins booked when a new sailing is announced.

Stick with deck 8 balconies and you won't need to worry about any overhang.

We have had cabins on both Deck 8 and Deck 9 on the M Class ships and have found that the overhang on Deck 9 has advantages and disadvantages. Our Deck 9 cruise was in the Caribbean and we appreciated the shade the overhang gave us at times when the sun was coming directly at us. It was nice to be in the shade when the other deck balconies were all sun. Also, we could sit outside during the one rain storm that we had. The disadvantage is the struts that hold up the overhang can obstruct your view a bit looking side to side, but it wasn't a big problem. The view straight ahead was unobstructed.

Also, we have heard that noise from the pool deck can be a problem, but we didn't experience that. I believe our cabin was 9056.

We are taking our fourth "Connie" trip in April '12 and we will have deck nine 9 (Sky Deck) stateroom with the protective overhang for the third time. Plenty of morning sun with mid-day to mid-afternoon shade. Never bothered by the strut supports and minimal noise problem only in aft rooms only (under the Seaside Cafe and Seaside Grill).

Happy Sailing, Bob

Thanks everyone:)

Phoned American TA today who informed that the aft corners are gone. Have a querie going with an NZ one, see what that brings. We are trying to get my sister along, then we will go for a family room, if we can get it. With only two of us it seems to be a category 2c balcony on Vista deck, but would rather have deck 8.

Thanks everyone:)

Phoned American TA today who informed that the aft corners are gone. Have a querie going with an NZ one, see what that brings. We are trying to get my sister along, then we will go for a family room, if we can get it. With only two of us it seems to be a category 2c balcony on Vista deck, but would rather have deck 8.

If you are looking at a 2C, the first eight balcony cabins on each side of deck 6 have a larger balcony that isn't shown on the deck plan. If you click on the picture link in my signature there are a few balcony shots of 6025 on Constellation. Here's a shot from the outside of the ship:

19460y.jpg

Phil

Thanks! excited of harpenden for the photos.

Those extended balconies must be the 'sweet sixteens" I have seen mentioned somewhere, Although again some have overhang (6016, 18, 20 & 22) plus on deck above are covered over. You would have to be careful not to book these.

Would not mind 6030;) for that matter.

Thanks! excited of harpenden for the photos.

Those extended balconies must be the 'sweet sixteens" I have seen mentioned somewhere, Although again some have overhang (6016, 18, 20 & 22) plus on deck above are covered over. You would have to be careful not to book these.

Would not mind 6030;) for that matter.

Yes, you are right the first three balconies each side on deck 7 do have quite an overhang as in the photo looking up:

2401258660054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Even with the ironmongery 6025 didn't feel that enclosed.

Phil

Archived