I know, I know another one of those posts...

hondarr9

Just got off Oasis on 8/27. It was my first cruise. Im already trying to plan the next 2. One would be the majesty for a 4 day Bahamas in may. The other is a 7 day Alaskan on radiance in sept of 2013 (for my wife and i's 40th (just the 2 of us) . My question is after Oasis will I still have a good time on these cruises? I know that the majesty especially will be quite different. We can get an owner's sweet for what I feel is a reasonable price. The Alaskan cruise I know is like comparing apples and oranges. I have read a lot of great things about the radiance. I guess im most worried about the majesty. The trip is for my dd 16th birthday. We were going to take her to new york city, but after taking them on the Oasis she said she wants a cruise. The majesty 4 day is really the only one in the same price range as a trip to New York. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Any way you could swing Voyager class for a 6 night, or Jewel for 4 or 5? If it were just you and DW I'd say you'd make it fun. But Majesty/Monarch are really old ladies. I considered them for my teen daughters and rejected the idea; and my girls haven't been on Oasis. I just think she's going to be a little let down.

I haven't done either ship recently since they have been doing the short Bahama itineraries, but I'd be a little concerned about the " party scene" with a 16 yo too. Lots of reports here that it's a little more hard partying than the longer cruises or more expensive ships.

JMO, but if you can afford to upgrade to a top suite on MOS; I'd go with Navigator 6 night or Jewel 4/5 instead of the MOS twins.

AK with your DW will be great- you wouldn't want an

Oasis there! You'll want all the Radiance glass to see those sights and be so busy with shorexs you won't have time for Flowriders or carousels!

Ill second Familygoboston I'd try to find a JOS sailing. The Maj and Monarch are both great ship but the Int might be geared a bit more towards party crowd. Just off Radiance in Alaska. As you can tell by my sign I've been on her a few times the last year or so. One of the best trips thus far we've had with RC was Alaska with Radiance.

What was it about the Oasis that your teen liked? I don't think she will like it if she is a typical teen like ours. Also, 4 day cruises aren't the best. To us, as soon as you really start enjoying your cruise you have to get off.

Our kids favorite cruise was the Freedom of the Seas, then we did the Explorer which really isn't much of a step down, but for our kids it was. They really missed the Flowrider and the Caribbean itinerary. They said they would rather do the 20 hour drive and cruise out of Florida to do the Freedom, Oasis or Allure ships.

There is a big difference between the Oasis and ships you are looking at! :)

Just my opinion, I've only done the voyager class ships, next may i'll do the allure, but i can tell you now, i know the kids will like something bigger if their like my kids. Like someone posted, as soon as you enjoy your trip it's time to get off if you do a 4 or 5 day cruise. Also, I did Princess this summer to Alaska and it was smaller than voyager class and i just didn't like the ship, kept comparing it to rccl ( i know my fault) also, alaska is totally different than a caribbean cruise, you really go for the shore excursions (a must do) and the scenery, more of a mature crowd and we are about 45 and we were one of the youngest crowds. Good Luck :)

Rather than an owners suite on Majesty, do a balcony of Freedom or even OV or inside. She will love FOS vs the older ships.

We are almost Emerald and I will tell you that our Alaska trip of Radiance was one of my ALL time favorite cruises . I also sail her on a 4 day out of Tampa, Jewel is doing that route now. You will love love love her!

Here is a video of our alaskan cruise, it was just after my chemo( doing great now) this was in 2008. A bit long, we did great excursions:

http://gallery.me.com/valenciajuan#100075

Archived