How do you see all the shows on FOS with kids?

mariaw8889

I will be traveling on Freedom of the Seas with a group that will include 3 small children ages 4,7 and 9. I am sure that the kids will want to do the circus and the pirate parade but how do we manage to fit seeing the ice show into all this? And also, would the "Now You See It" magic show be something that they would enjoy? The production shows seems to pose a time issue because the shows for 1st seating start at 9pm and i am thinking that it may be too late for them. thanks for any advice.

There are several ice show times to choose from...you'll have that info in your compass, and can choose the showing that fits your schedule best.

If you're doing MTD, you can go to the early magic show...the one for late seating is during main seating dinner. If you are doing traditional seating, and don't think the kids will stay awake, eat in the WJ that evening, and take them to the early show.

On other ships, the ice shows have usually been late afternoon.

As to timing, we took 7 grandkids on a cruise this winter and wanted them to see one of the production shows. They were ages 5, 7, 9, 10,10,11,11. We went to the late show because they wanted to ice skate first.

By about 10 minutes into the show they were all asleep except for the oldest eleven-year-old who tried mightily to stay awake to please us but finally slumbered off in the last minutes of the show.

It was quite funny to see us and 7 kids lolling across the seats in a deep sleep. (We did sit in the upper balcony so as to not be in the way of too many others.

Production shows are not nearly as much fun to kids as to adults. I think they'd like the magic show more, and I'd opt for the early show is possible.

I will be traveling on Freedom of the Seas with a group that will include 3 small children ages 4,7 and 9. I am sure that the kids will want to do the circus and the pirate parade but how do we manage to fit seeing the ice show into all this? And also, would the "Now You See It" magic show be something that they would enjoy? The production shows seems to pose a time issue because the shows for 1st seating start at 9pm and i am thinking that it may be too late for them. thanks for any advice.

Funny, I guess it depends on the personality of your little ones. My 4yr old will stay awake as long as we let her. If there is something that holds her attention, she has stayed up til midnight before she fell asleep in our arms. When she is on a ship she is afraid she will miss something. They may surprise you. I wouldn't worry about it though. Some things will be offered at multiple times and others...go anyway if they fall asleep so be it.

Kidding!

The ice show has so many different showings, we always managed to fit one in. And frankly, that was about IT. I don't do the after dinner shows because I am always taking kids to AO and sort of decompressing from the day.

I am sure it is even more crazy on ships with all of the character meals and Shrek parades. I am glad we haven't been a part of that yet. The scheduling boggles my mind.

Archived