Chairs at HSB

cruisebie

What type of chairs are available for rental at HSB? In the pictures I've seen I've only noticed the low beach chairs. Do they have regular size chairs or loungers also? I recently had knee surgery and don't think I would be able to get up from the low type of beach chair just yet. We will be there in a couple of weeks on the Pride, if the latest tropical storm doesn't turn into a hurricane and de-rail us.

Thanks for your help.:)

What type of chairs are available for rental at HSB? In the pictures I've seen I've only noticed the low beach chairs. Do they have regular size chairs or loungers also? I recently had knee surgery and don't think I would be able to get up from the low type of beach chair just yet. We will be there in a couple of weeks on the Pride, if the latest tropical storm doesn't turn into a hurricane and de-rail us.

they don't have full size loungers but chairs and sand chairs....

go buy one on sale and bring your own...

It all depends on what time you arrive! ;) No more loungers or low chairs available when we arrived around 10:30 am. Smaller umbrellas only left, too. I believe they did have regular size chairs available. Just make sure you get there early enough on a good weather/busy day.

They had new chairs there last week. The new ones we had were like the low chairs they had before but not as low as those chairs. I thought they were an improvement. They might have some other kinds of new chairs. I did not see any lounge type chairs but honestly I was not paying close attention.

Funny you said that.

We bought our own small travel size beach chairs . I called NCL to see if we could bring them onboard only to be used at the beaches and they said as long as they can fit thru the xray machines its fine.

Our local cvs had them and in the end I got them for $9.00 each !!!!

they don't have full size loungers but chairs and sand chairs....

go buy one on sale and bring your own...

Funny you said that.

We bought our own small travel size beach chairs . I called NCL to see if we could bring them onboard only to be used at the beaches and they said as long as they can fit thru the xray machines its fine.

I did this on the NCL Majesty two years ago...and left the chair for the crew when I got off. I also occasionally used it on the deck...Its my chair hog chair...and carried on the bus too....along with a soft sided cooler with diet peach snapple and some croissants in a plastic bag....we went to Clearwater beach which was empty and has full sized loungers as well....but it isn't easy to get to from the Dockyards....

Funny you said that.

I think that would be the straw the breaks the hubby's back... :D He STILL can not fathom why a woman would need more than two pairs of shoes (1 casual 1 dressy - that's it) @@ .. The poor guy ended up with a fashionista DD, too. LOL Between all our clothes and shoes, there is no WAY he'd put up with lugging beach chairs, too. LOL LOL :D

The chairs are actually very lightweight with a shoulder strap too ! Theres a velcro compartment behind the chair for a book, snacks etc..

I have no problem carrying my own chair . We both have bad backs to begin with and if the beach runs out of chairs sitting in the sand is impossible.

WE get dropped off at the pier in NYC and picked up which also makes it easier.

Problem solved :)

I think that would be the straw the breaks the hubby's back... :D He STILL can not fathom why a woman would need more than two pairs of shoes (1 casual 1 dressy - that's it) @@ .. The poor guy ended up with a fashionista DD, too. LOL Between all our clothes and shoes, there is no WAY he'd put up with lugging beach chairs, too. LOL LOL :D

Chair hog Chair !!! Thats a good one :)

I did this on the NCL Majesty two years ago...and left the chair for the crew when I got off. I also occasionally used it on the deck...Its my chair hog chair...and carried on the bus too....along with a soft sided cooler with diet peach snapple and some croissants in a plastic bag....we went to Clearwater beach which was empty and has full sized loungers as well....but it isn't easy to get to from the Dockyards....

Archived