We're booked!

BoardwalkBabe

Sailing for the first time on a Carnival ship in November. Any "must know" things about sailing with this cruise line now that we're booked? I've done quite a bit of reading here on the boards already.

The only glitch that I see so far is that all of the popular hotels near the port are already sold out. We could drive down that day but prefer to get there the night before.

I see that you're on the Freedom so I assume you'll be going out of Ft. Lauderdale. We sailed on the Freedom last year.

We stayed at the Bahia Mar and it was great! Great cost, great location and on the water taxi line which was kind of neat to take around the intercoastal waterways.

We loved the Freedom. Tips? Don't know if I have any tips, but... don't sit in the second level of the theater in the first row. The top of the glass is right in you eyeline and you have to sit up or scrunch down to see things. Otherwise... have a great time and don't sweat the small stuff. :)

You're gonna love the Freedom! Definitely try the warm chocolate melting cake in the mdr and the Mongolian Grill out on the lido. Also, if you enter the lido buffet from the pool area, know that there's a second buffet allllllll the way past the tables in the back. Just look for the Statue of Liberty. I didn't find this until day 5. There's a totally different selection food there than what's at the buffet in front. I stayed at the Renaissance right across the street from the port and love that hotel. Have fun and welcome to Carnival! :)

In Ft. Lauderdale we always stay at the W...can be a bit pricey but AMAZING hotel! If you are going to be in town for dinner try YOLO, about a 5 minute cab ride...SOOOO worth it...if you want something casual or just some drinks Lulus Bait Shack is kinda cool...they have an outdoor deck that looks out over the beach...

Enjoy your cruise...we ALWAYS love our Carnival Cruises!

Sailing for the first time on a Carnival ship in November. Any "must know" things about sailing with this cruise line now that we're booked? I've done quite a bit of reading here on the boards already.

The only glitch that I see so far is that all of the popular hotels near the port are already sold out. We could drive down that day but prefer to get there the night before.

Been on the Freedom 2 times and it is a beautiful ship. They have a serenity area on deck 14 & 12 all the way in the front of the ship for relaxing. Also check times for mongolian grill because line gets long fast. That's when you pick your vegetables and anything else you want and then give it to the cook and let them know what kind of meat and they cook it fresh for you. They also have a fish and chips in the back of the ship on the panorama deck.

Here are a few from our cruise on the Freedom. Hope this info helps and enjoy.

Statue at the back of the ship.

2396354970032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

Carnival Freedom from the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale, 1617 Southeast 17th Street

2193920700032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

Victoriana Lounge

2053345420032790875S500x500Q85.jpg2722850770032790875S500x500Q85.jpg2932836710032790875S500x500Q85.jpg2641629020032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks everyone! We are excited and can't wait for our trip to begin.

The Renaissance is our usual hotel however it is booked (as are the Embassy Suites and one other one in that area). Will check out the W and the Bahia one that was mentioned.

We got the W last year on priceline for $111 plus tax on the beach waterfront. Not sure if available for this year. Good luck and good cruising.:):)

2227024000032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

2319862540032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

2271076780032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

2556688210032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

Im sailing the Freedom too, but not until NEXT November. :) This is the info I've scouted out on FLL hotels thus far, hope it helps.

-Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Beach

-If using Priceline or Hotwire use the Fort Lauderdale Beach Zone 3-4 stars

-SpringHill Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and Comfort Suites

-Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. several times and appreciate the good front desk service. We also like the location, which is within walking distance of several good restaurants.

-Marriott Courtyard; Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport which had complimentary shuttle to/from airport and cruiseport. Great rates and a nice clean hotel.

- Mariott Renaissance Hotel on 17th St. There are several restaurants within walking distance as well as a Walgreens right across 17th St.

- Embassy Suites near 17th St. Free shuttle to port, breakfast, happy hour, etc.

Archived