Downtown Belize City circa 1992

Will in sunny FL

If I can, attached please find a pic taken from the far side of the swing bridge & to your right as you cross, where there was an open air farmers market.

You might enjoy reading the huge warning sign there for all the world to see.

This was taken probably in 1992 & we were there on the Regency cruise ship either the Star, or Sea, or Sun.

Bill in FL

img028.jpg.94f05baf7d89c1fac90f2f5cb9b2ef63.jpg

You picture is too small for anyone to see what it says. The picture would need to be hosted somewhere on the internet and put on this thread or either a link to have it viewed for us to see. :)

Maybe it depends on your computer. I can see it fine.

I saved the Pic and enlarged it, but the resolution is very poor, so I still can only make some of it out.

Consumer Beware of Cholera

When you buy apples, pears and grapes from vendors on the street side you are at great risk...

From what I can make out of the rest of the sign, it looks like one vendor using scare tactics to gain business. They seem to be saying buy your fruit here because we "store under refrigeration to maintain freshness and quality." I don't think it's any kind of official government warning. The bottom of the sign is advertising the types of "WHOLESALE & RETAIL" fruits that they sell.

Archived