Island tour and beach

sltb47

yes, it is ok to wear a swimsuit with a cover up when doing an island tour that includes the beach. My DH typically wears a shirt (t-shirt or casual button up w/collar) with his trunks.

But, think about what your island tour will include... on Curacao when we rode dune buggys before going to the beach I wore my long shirt-style coverup with shorts over my suit because I didn't want to sit on the dune buggy seat with just my bathing suit bottoms. I also carried underwear to put on after swimming because we were swimming at a resort with changing rooms (my DH carried underwear and shorts). Why ride back to the ship in a wet bathing suit if you don't have to - worked out well because we were able to decide to stay in town instead of going to the ship because we had dry clothes on.

i usually just wear capris and a tank top...i dont do the swimsuit, until we did a Sea Lion encounter so i had my suit on under my cover-up...ended up with a wetsuit over the swimsuit but changed (i brought a pair of shorts to put on under the cover up (tube top style)--hubby just wears his trunks with a t and they are very fast drying--i just didnt want to walk around being wet/damp.

I usually put shorts and a shirt on over my swimwear, but a cover-up or sundress would work too.

It also depends on what the island tour does, and how casual the cover-up is. I might feel funny touring a winery or a church, for example, in a terry cloth robe, but not in a sundress. If the tour does some walking or other activity, the cover-up might not work well either.

I usually don't bother with changing if we are going right back to the ship because I find my suit dries pretty fast anyway.

Archived