Shore Options re Atlantica at Funchal, et al.

KatetheWanderer

Thanks for asking. I see there are some serious Costa cruisers on this site. I like it! I sometimes use the shore excursions if they are worthwhile. I've checked them out as advertised by Costa. Always try to avoid interminable bus rides with the random factory tours to see how glass or tea is made and then offered a discount for purchase :). Wondering if anyone has good recommendations for either ship excursions they particularly liked or non-ship options they have done on their own or privately arranged. Good beaches? Fantastic marketplaces? Quaint cafes for the perfect repast? Great historical must-sees? Barring a twisted ankle upon embarkation or the plague, I should be fit for it all. I'm renting a car in St. Maarten/St. Martin because it is cheap and the island is easy to get around with the non-port French side being my favorite side. Anyone rented a car on some of the other stops I mentioned in the previous post? Casablanca is one I doubt I will do on my own being the nervous American I am.

Archived