Splendor or Spirit?

Tggrtoes

Hi - I posted this on the family board since we will be traveling with our 4 year old son (we've all cruised several times before), but would like to hear your pros/cons for the Splendor versus the Spirit? I know there are TONS of Spirit fans and have spent time reading much of the "all about splendor" post.

TIA.

Hi - I posted this on the family board since we will be traveling with our 4 year old son (we've all cruised several times before), but would like to hear your pros/cons for the Splendor versus the Spirit? I know there are TONS of Spirit fans and have spent time reading much of the "all about splendor" post.

TIA.

Splendor hands down, its a more beautiful ship with better entertainment and a better CD, if that matters. The only thing better on the Spirit is the steak house, as a matter of fact it is much better than the Splendor.

The water park on the splendor is much nicer for a young kid than anything that the Spirit has. But, I do like the size and layout of the spirit class ships a lot. We have been on both ships with young kids, and they enjoyed them all. The camp Carnival schedules are about the same.

Claudia

Not sure about the kids programs, but the Spirit is has a much better layout than the Splendor which has a bunch of 'choke points' and 'dead ends' that the Spirit doesn't have. I'd do the Spirit anytime over the Splendor and in fact we're on her next month!

• 2 weeks later...
Splendor hands down, its a more beautiful ship with better entertainment and a better CD, if that matters. The only thing better on the Spirit is the steak house, as a matter of fact it is much better than the Splendor.

The Sprit is a better ship, with the exception of CD,Stu on the sprit. When they had the 8 day cruise out of SD it was great, since they changed the Splendor is better.

I am trying to make the same decision, but let me ask this way:

Spirit 5 day with balcony?

Splendor 7 day with ocean view?

The week I can get away the option is between these 2. If it was a longer Spirit voyage, I would do that hands down, especially since I am a fan of smaller ships. However, just getting off of a 3-day yesterday, I would really prefer a full week.

FYI to Bills re the waterpark: Spirit is rumored to get a waterpark in the months ahead - not sure what the status of that is.

I've sailed both, and while I have no info about the children's facilities, I can say---Spirit.

Slpendor is beautiful, the food was good, crew was great, but----she is big. Long walk.

And, as was stated, alot of choke points.

We just saw Spirit in Juneau, Alaska when we were on the Sea Princess. Have to say, Spirit looked very enticing. :)

Pat

Archived