Oredring bottles of Spirits to your cabin

ucanttaketheboy

Is anyone able to tell me if it is possible to order bottles of spirits to your cabin for your arrival? Found P&O prices very reasonable last Nov, but because the stewards were busy moving luggage around were unable to take orders and it was a full day before the orders could be delivered.

That's a good question, I'm taking a 'starter' bottle of Bacardi with me to ensure I can have a tipple on my first day! Also packing a few bottles (small) of coke! :)

Is anyone able to tell me if it is possible to order bottles of spirits to your cabin for your arrival? Found P&O prices very reasonable last Nov, but because the stewards were busy moving luggage around were unable to take orders and it was a full day before the orders could be delivered.

This has been standard practice on all our cruises so I would follow Catherine's excellent suggestion and take some with you if you want to have a tipple on the sailaway.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Not so easy on fly cruises!

Always worried about packing drinks in case knowing how your luggage gets thrown about!

Any tips?

I'd buy a bottle at the airport (not duty free) or decant some into plastic bottles and pack them in plastic wrapping.

I've frequently packed bottles of coke in hold luggage when flying and touch wood never had a problem.

We always pack a little plastic bottle with gin when we're flying, but I can't afford the weight of mixers - like Catherine!

Another pair of shoes = priority!!

We just bought the mixers at the bar on board the ship. :cool:

Caryl

We always pack a little plastic bottle with gin when we're flying, but I can't afford the weight of mixers - like Catherine!

Another pair of shoes = priority!!

We just bought the mixers at the bar on board the ship. :cool:

Caryl

I'll have the benefit of boarding at Southampton so don't have to worry about the weight limit going out.

When I usually fly on my holidays I don't pack half as much as I have ready for this cruise holiday so more room for a few bottles! ;)

Of course Catherine - I was forgetting you're Transatlantic.

Get that box of coke packed then! We took on Irn Bru,Coke Zero,water and tonic last October. Lots of hand baggage!

We were hoping to stock up in the Canaries but the weather was so bad we only sailed on Saturday morning and went to the Azores instead. The 1 and only supermarket in Ponta Delgada near the ship was very expensive and had nothing much to buy in it. It was very like the Caribbean shops. We ended up having to buy the mixers and water onboard.

I do resent paying so much for bottles of water. We drink tap at home , but can't on the ship.

Hope all goes well for you!

Caryl

Archived