Daytime Clothing - southern Europe Nov

Wayfairers

We are going to be in southern Europe - Italy, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Gibraltar in November/early Dec. I checked on average temps: highs are upper 50s -mid 60s and lows are low 40s - low 60s for the ports where we are stopping. I'm thinking daytime wear will be mainly pants but a pair or two of nice jeans, 2 pair of shorts (stopping in Caribbean and Canarys too), swimsuit, short sleeve shirts, sweaters and cotton pullovers (to wear over the shirts) and a rain jacket. Comments or suggestions?

Thanks! I do think layering is the only option and plan to take short sleeve tops to wear under the sweaters/jacket. I will consider a heavier jacket in addition to the rain jacket although I'm wondering if just a shirt with a sweater and the rain jacket would work. The rain jacket is a heavier Timberland jacket - not a light weight rain jacket. It has great abilities to stop the wind/rain and has kept me warm on numerous cool weather hikes so I think it will be enough. Hmmm.. a scarf... had not even thought about that - thanks!

I would add in a couple camis to go under the shirts. If the day becomes too warm for a jacket it can still be a bit too cool for just one layer of a shirt. I have so many pictures of me holding my jacket in Italy, but I sure needed it for early am.

If I were to return I would definitely take really good jeans and black pants. Paired with a great shirt and well fitted jacket and a small leather cross body purse to not scream tourist quite so much. I had to wear sneakers due to a foot problem, but I'd rather wear a nice driving moc or leather shoe, good quality to stand up to uneven pavement, dust and other terrain.

Make sure the excursion shoes you take are comfy to walk and stand in for long amounts of time. A med vacation like this is definitely not the time to break in new shoes!

Have a wonderful time planning and enjoy every moment. Our med cruise was a dream come true.

Archived