Owner's Suite help

lovetocruise16

We are considering booking an OS on Nautica for a 25+ day trip. Is there one OS that is preferable to the others, and if so, why? How are these suites during rough oceans? How do they compare to the Vista suites? What are the downsides of these suites? I tried the search functions on this website but came up empty.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Deck 6 has the largest veranda.

Deck 8 is directly beneath the Terrace Cafe which might mean sounds of furniture set up.

Bottom line - deck 7 is my first choice with 6 a close runner up.

I honestly can't think of a downside. We loved the location.

What can you say for perfection.:D

The vista suites are nice and large and have great views coming into port but rock and roll in anything but calm seas. We have only sailed in OS on the R ships for the last 8 cruises and hopefully will continue to do so. Any one is great but we too prefer either deck 6 or 7. Try them and you'll be hooked. Enjoy!:)

We once had a Deck 8 OS and were never bothered by noise from upstairs.

We also once had a Deck 7 VS and were bothered a LOT by the anchor going up and down early in the morning.

All in all, we preferred the OS. I can't compare the relative sea motion between fore and aft because our OS was on a Med cruise and the VS was in the North Sea. But the noise level was much lower in the OS, and the veranda is larger.

We were in Vista and did not find the rocking to be a problem. Yes, there is motion, but if you consider the position of the cabins, with the bow in front, they are actually closer to the center of the ship than the Owner suites, which are directly on the bow. If the ship has a forward to back motion, the effect would be greater or the same in the OS, and side to side motion will be the same for any cabin.

Main advantage of Vista suite is seeing the Captain's view coming in and out of port. In fact, we were able to look up on one occasion and exchanged waves with him. Coming into and out of ports the view is quite spectacular.

Main advantage of OS is protection from wind. Both cabins are quite large, and I don't think the extra room in the OS is much of an advantage. In either case, would suggest getting one on the port side of the ship, as the view toward land is more interesting than the view of the ocean. At least on the Insignia, the port side was always the one facing land.

We were in Vista and did not find the rocking to be a problem.

Yes, there is motion, but if you consider the position of the cabins, with the bow in front, they are actually closer to the center of the ship than the Owner suites, which are directly on the bow (Stern)

"If the ship has a forward to back motion, the effect would be greater or the same in the OS,"

The centre of gravity is more towards the stern on most liners

"and side to side motion will be the same for any cabin."

The lower the better

There is always a nitpicker on Forums :cool:

Which bring me to my pet hate

Why o Why don't they put more of the top suites in the middle for those poor souls who get seasick ??

Just returned from a 14 day Alaska sailing in a deck 6 OS. Would recommend it over a deck 7. And this has been our 4th OS in our 6 O sailings (Two on deck 7 and two on deck 6).

Which ever deck you choose, you'll not be disappointed.

For joysav, Regent Cruises (also owned by Oceania's parent company) does have premium suites amidship on all three of their ships. the suites are named after the ship (e.g., Mariner Suites). This addresss an issue I also had pondered re placing some of the largest suites where the residents would find it most enjoyable re movement, wind and being located nearer the activities of the ship, etc.

Regards, Bob H

We were on the Regatta OS on the deck 8 last winter ( Caribbean ) and the noise from the terrace cafe was right over our heads ....especially early in the morning. People move their chairs alot when they are up there , every time the chairs move you hear it , loud and clear! My only complaint...otherwise....perfect!

Sergio

Archived