Club Cozumel Caribe

Chef P

We were there a few years ago, it was one of the best days we've ever had on a cruise. We didn't have to pay for a day pass though, we paid about $20 apiece (there were 6 of us) I think to a driver and he stayed with us for the day. They have a beautiful beach, plus you have the use of the pool, the grounds, a great bar, the best nachos I've ever had, and I live in New Mexico so that's saying a lot. It was not crowded, the first few hours we were the only people there, by the end of the day there were maybe 20 people. It was a great day, I would definitely recommend it!

We were there this past Labor Day while on the Legend. Was going to Paradise Beach, taxi driver talk us into going to this "resort". Was told the water was very clear on the south end and that Paradise Beach was "cloudy" for snorkeling. Price was $30 per for taxi to and from, free chairs and free equipment if you need it. We were very hesitiate but decide to go for it.

It was about a 20 minute taxi ride to the Southern Tip. Small white sandy beach (rest was very rocky), swimming pool, resort and bar. There was also a small zipline. We got 6 lounges between the pool and beach. The complex never got very crowded, we were not alone but more than enough space to enjoy yourself. For snorkeling we were told to walk to the left about 150 yards to a small dock and climb down a 5 step ladder with a small platform to get in the water. Once you get in the water, there had to be over 100 to 150 colored fish come up to you. They must feed them. They do not bite but do come right up to your facemask and hands. Try to bring some food. Water was super clear. You let the current take you towards the sandy beach with fish all the way. You get out, take a break or walk to the dock and do it again. It was great!

Drinks was reasonable. Local beers were $3.50 or a bucket of 6 for $17.75. You can mix and match the beers in the bucket. Food was real good, little on the high side. Companion really enjoyed the fish tacos.

Taxi Driver stayed at the resort for the whole time and waited for us when we were ready to left. His name was Alfredo. Super nice and informative about the island and it's history. Tipped him another $20.

The day was great and was the best day of our cruise. Go and google the name. They have a one page website. Trip Advisor has about 20 reviews but most are over a year old. If you snorkel and do not want to pay the high excusion fees, this is your best bet.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone been to Club Cozumel Caibe on a day pass?

We just got back from there. We were sailing on the Carnival Inspiration. We were traveling with 4 other families. There were 11 children in all. We had a great time at Club Cozumel Caibe. We all snorkeled with the $25 per person cost (which included transportation). The pool area and the beach was great. The kids rode the banana boat and parasailed. Some of the people ordered nachos and said they were great. Very Positive Experience!

• 3 years later...

Bumping this up to July 2015. I have not been there but am possibly considering it.

I just emailed Hotel Cozumel.

This is quoted from the email sent to me from Sergio Cruz, Reservations Manager there:

"Day Pass

From 11:00 am to 06:00 pm

35 usd per adult.

15 usd per menor.

All inclusive plan with taxes and tips included.

Cordially

Sergio Cruz

Gerente de reservaciones/ Reservations manager

HOTEL COZUMEL & RESORT

Phone: 011 52 987 87 29020

Fax: 011 52 987 87 22154

01800 696 6966 SIN COSTO NAL

1877 454 4355 TOLL FREE USA

E-mail: reserv@hotelcozumel.com.mx

http://www.hotelcozumel.com.mx

Join us on Facebook!

"

Bumping this up to July 2015. I have not been there but am possibly considering it.

I just emailed Hotel Cozumel.

This is quoted from the email sent to me from Sergio Cruz, Reservations Manager there:

"Day Pass

From 11:00 am to 06:00 pm

35 usd per adult.

15 usd per menor.

All inclusive plan with taxes and tips included.

Cordially

Sergio Cruz

Gerente de reservaciones/ Reservations manager

HOTEL COZUMEL & RESORT

Phone: 011 52 987 87 29020

Fax: 011 52 987 87 22154

01800 696 6966 SIN COSTO NAL

1877 454 4355 TOLL FREE USA

E-mail: reserv@hotelcozumel.com.mx

http://www.hotelcozumel.com.mx

Join us on Facebook!

"

Club Cozumel Caribe ( also Buccanos Bar and Grill) is totally different to Hotel Cozumel. Hotel Cozumel is a resort hotel just south of town. Buccanos is now only a beach bar and restaurant (highly recommended) since the last big hurricane and is to the north of town.