Glory Oct 22 2 day cruise to nowhere

mecruzalot

I was thinking about booking the Oct 22 cruise to nowhere on the Glory and have never been on this ship. I was just wondering if anyone has pics, good info etc. Is it worth 249 pp ? That is kinda expensive but I suppose it will help toward my platinum level. Whats the chances that the rate will drop as it gets closer to sailing date for the cruise to nowhere? I have heard that these cruises usually sale out and have higher rates.

I was thinking about booking the Oct 22 cruise to nowhere on the Glory and have never been on this ship. I was just wondering if anyone has pics, good info etc. Is it worth 249 pp ? That is kinda expensive but I suppose it will help toward my platinum level. Whats the chances that the rate will drop as it gets closer to sailing date for the cruise to nowhere? I have heard that these cruises usually sale out and have higher rates.

I am going on this cruise, it actually was down to 229 last week, then on Firday it went up to 249 again. I booked for a quick weekend cruise fix. It is my understanding that cruise to nowhere does not count toward platinum. When I booked it seemed like there were a lot of cabins still available.

I am going on this cruise, it actually was down to 229 last week, then on Firday it went up to 249 again. I booked for a quick weekend cruise fix. It is my understanding that cruise to nowhere does not count toward platinum. When I booked it seemed like there were a lot of cabins still available.

All cruises count

Yup. Those cruises are at higher rates. For example, I was able to book a 7 day cruise on the Glory for under $400pp for my January 2012 cruise. Only $150.00 more than what you are paying for the cruise to no where.

With that being said, if you live near the embarkment port, and don't have to fly and want a quick get away, I think they can be a good deal, even if they cost more per day than your average cruise. It still comes out to be cheaper than booking a resort or something for the weekend and still having to pay for food, entertainment...etc...

That would be great! I hope it is so, but someone said just yesterday on another thread that CTN do not count. I am happy just to be one a ship for a day and a half!!

I can tell you factually that they do count. I have been on two.

They can be fun, but rowdy. Folks tend to treat them as a booze cruise, and they try to cram a lot of stuff into the 2 days.

Pro - Duty Free is no limit. If you can carry it yourself, you can buy it.

Con - There is no porter service. You must carry all luggage on and off the ship.

Pro - There is literally something happening every minute, so you won't be bored.

Con - the staff is not as helpful (or even seen) as a normal cruise. I never saw my cabin steward on either CTN.

If you decide to go, go with the attitude that you are going to have fun and enjoy the ship! Happy cruising!

I did the Triumph CTN out of Norfolk last year, specifically because it meant that my December 8-night on Miracle would be my first as Platinum.

Yes, they are very expensive, per night, considering. And I went solo, so paid 150%!

You can click my name, then the stats tab, then "threads started" and read both my CTN review and my Glory review. That should give you an idea about both the CTN and Glory (although she's been updated since I sailed).

I'm going to Bermuda on 10/16. I promise I'll take good care of her for you! :D

I did the Triumph CTN out of Norfolk last year, specifically because it meant that my December 8-night on Miracle would be my first as Platinum.

Yes, they are very expensive, per night, considering. And I went solo, so paid 150%!

You can click my name, then the stats tab, then "threads started" and read both my CTN review and my Glory review. That should give you an idea about both the CTN and Glory (although she's been updated since I sailed).

I'm going to Bermuda on 10/16. I promise I'll take good care of her for you! :D

Thanks! and have a great cruise to Bermuda, I am looking at that for next year, never been.....so let us know how it goes!

Oh, trust me, I'll write a thorough review! I love reading other people's reviews and looking at their photos, so I feel I owe it to others to be thorough and objective.

I do wish we had more time in Bermuda. I was originally going to book on Pride out of Baltimore (love the Spirit-class ship layout), but hate the drive up I-95.

Glory was my first really big ship, and I expected to hate being on board with so many people. But I really thought she had a good vibe about her, and thought that, for a Farcus ship, she was fairly tastefully decorated. Love the Fish & Chips! I don't do the regular buffet, so all the comments about lines don't apply to me. It's either F&C or a deli sandwich for me for lunch.

Can't wait to check out the Serenity area. Hope it isn't too cool on our sea days. And really hope there are no tropical storms to deal with! If you read my Triumph CTN review, I note that it was quite cold, although sunny, but a bit rougher than what I was used to in the Caribbean. If you have any issues with motion sickness, just be prepared. I take ginger capsules and 1/2 bonine am and pm as needed and haven't had nearly as much discomfort as I used to.

OMG I am a fish n chips fan too! I just love em! The serenity decks are really nice on the Glory, you'll love them! We did a cruise out of Baltimore on the Pride two years ago, very nice ship, I love the layout, you'll have to give the drive a try sometime.

Archived