Place not to miss shopping!

Karlie1

We are going to be in St thomas in Dec. We are going to book a 2 hour sightseeing, 2 hour beach tour and shopping downtown. The last time we were in St Thomas was Jan 1975, I'm sure things have changed. Is there a must store to shop? Is there a particular route to shop downtown area. We will be docking at Havensight. Not looking for anything in particular, mostly window shopping. Maybe some reasonable jewlery. Thanks :)

I like shopping at Yacht Haven Marina..... next door to Havensight. Higher quality shops than the usual t-shirt/souvenir shops. But on the other hand, most are national/international chains such as Ferragamo, Gucci etc

On Main Street, I like to browse AH Riise and we used to like Tropicana Perfume and Longchamps next door but sadly, both are now closed.

fashion & accessories

aqua beachwear

bcbg max azria

bebe

cachÉ

chico’s

coach

gucci

havana nines

how ’bout your pet?

icing

louis vuitton

salvatore feragamo

shae designssolstice

sunglass boutique

sunglass hut

tommy hilfiger

white house/black market

jewelry

bulgari

diamonds international

jewels

little switzerland

roberto coin

royal caribbean

trident jewels & time

ultra diamonds

health and beauty

prana spa

home decor

natural home

arts

mango tango seaside art gallery

restaurants & bars

bad ass coffee

ben & jery’s

fat turtle

grande cru

the club at yacht haven grande

vi brewing

w!kked

watersports

island water world

underwater safaris

services

marina/crew laundry

red hook family practice

sea glass properties

the preserve at botany bay

southern trade caribbean yacht sales

u.s. Customs & border protection

yacht provisioning

yacht reception

banking

firstbank

travel

budget car rental

Krazy: That is an old list. Some of those places are closed. But there is plenty to do at Yacht Haven Grande.

Karlie: You will find that St Thomas has changed greatly since 1975, as I am sure everywhere has! The old buildings, former warehouses from the way back days, are still there and are worth looking through.

Krazy: That is an old list. Some of those places are closed. But there is plenty to do at Yacht Haven Grande.

Karlie: You will find that St Thomas has changed greatly since 1975, as I am sure everywhere has! The old buildings, former warehouses from the way back days, are still there and are worth looking through.

Thanks -- I will try to update my list this November.

Of the stores that closed, did some other business come in to fill the space or are there now many vacant store fronts?

The area will deteriorate quickly if there are many vacancies. That would be too bad.

Well, Chico's closed and became Mango Tango and that is now closed. Ben and Jerry's is closed. There are plenty of stores at Yacht Haven and that list doesn't mention some of the newer ones like the Hubbly Bubbly Hookah Lounge. ;) I don't think you have to worry about Yacht Haven. Pretty deep pockets.

Well, Chico's closed and became Mango Tango and that is now closed. Ben and Jerry's is closed. There are plenty of stores at Yacht Haven and that list doesn't mention some of the newer ones like the Hubbly Bubbly Hookah Lounge. ;) I don't think you have to worry about Yacht Haven. Pretty deep pockets.

Sounds Great!!

Thanks everyone.:)

When we were there in 1975 I went on my first scuba dive. There was a 12 yr old boy that soloed with me. When we got back to town, some where by the airport, there was a man peddling a Ice cream cart selling his wares. I asked the young man if he wanted something cold. Yes!! I approached the cart and asked what kind of Ice Cream he had. He told me he only had COLD BEER, I was happy but my friend was not:confused:. I found Ice Cream for him down the road.:)

When we were in Roatan in April some where in West Bay Village , there was a man peddling an Ice Cream cart. He actually had Ice Cream. My point , I thought the cart with beer was strange. Has anyone ever seen this and do they still do it?

Archived