Lost passport, sailing in 25 days!

teddy'sgirl

Got you beat. I realized my PP was missing THE DAY BEFORE, got to the Dominican Republic. I had to take my wife to work, get new PP photos, get a copy of my birth cert from Dept of Vital Stats, drive 3.5 hours to Buffalo. Waited while they processed everything. Got my passport same day. Drove 3.5 hours back, picked my DW up from work, headed to the airport. DW now handles the passports.

Wow! I had no idea that was even possible. Congratulations! Did your old one ever show up?

I have to tell a story here.. First off though, I'm so glad you found them!!

Ok, we cruised on the Freedom this past July and I could not find my husbands passport a few months before we left while I was trying to get everything together. We had decided to put our house on the market last September, so the house had been through a "purge" so to speak, stuff in a storage unit, lots of stuff thrown out, boxes in the attic, etc... Anyway, I looked EVERYWHERE, boxes in the attic, boxes in storage, every drawer, cabinet, etc.. Now, my husband goes to Canada every year for a "guy" trip with his brothers and I asked him, "did you by any chance leave it with your brother? (his brother keeps them all handy when they go through the border)... he called his brother, brother said, "no, I don't have it".. Mind you, I could find his OLD passport (in which he has the same exact shirt on that he wore for his picture for the new one 10 years later,,, that's a whole other story). I continued to look..& finally gave in to the fact that, indeed, I lost it during the "purge"... but just couldn't bring myself to report it lost and go through all of that - and worse case scenerio, he would just have to use his birth certificate. His brother calls him randomnly one weekend (about a month prior to our sail date) while we are out with friends... guess what his wife found? His passport... So... after all this, he just went to Canada again a couple of weeks ago and the only instructions I gave him were "DON'T LEAVE YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOUR BROTHER"..............................just guess where his passport is?????? Yes, you guessed correctly... with his brother.. He has until March 25, 2012 to get it and he better not forget...

I know the feeling we were getting ready to leave for airport before cruise went to get passports which were in a special folder that I always put back in same place. No passports panic struck. Finally after looking everywhere imaginable I went back to the drawer took drawer out and sure enough it had slipped behind the drawer.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank the folks on this thread! We followed advice and turned in the passport renewal information asap! DH and his co-workers said that he should expedite it but I said - nah, the folks on CC have been getting their's quickly.

Well, I kept checking the status like every 5 mintues online and it just said in processing. And lo and behold we got it in the mail yesterday! Basically it took two weeks with a holiday in between!

Thanks guys for the advice and support!

LOL! Mr. Snippy believes everyone but only after it arrived! I got many "I told you so's" in though! He is very, very happy now! I told him that he just has to listen to the people on this site and that they certainly know more than his co-workers!

Archived