Thanks for the "Edu-Cruise-ication"!

I "lurked" on this board for months before I actually cruised on the Enchantment 3/14-19. I learned so much from ya'll. I took the hanging shoe holder and suction cup toothbrush holder (many thanks for that one - I can't imagine my poor toothbrush in a ziploc baggie for a week). I put the small suitcase inside of the larger one under the bed. I hung post it notes on the mirror for the attendant to bring extra ice for my "special" folding cooler and because of you guys, I knew to go looking for him when I needed extra towels. I told the attendant jokes and made him smile and we had the best attention ever, except when I mistakenly called his towel monkey a "dead chicken" (my mistake - he looked so sad. I think it was the effects of too many drinks with the little umbrellas that clouded my judgement.) I took $2 bills for my favorite servers. I even picked the right excursions and participated in Quest! (I would NEVER have done Quest, you sneaky silly people, but you made it sound like so much fun!) When CD Matt Baker got seasick and couldn't participate one night, I laughed because we had followed your advice and WE weren't seasick. We pretended like we were on a roller coaster! You "old timers" are great and always willing to offer input and assistance. I've read many negative posts by first timers, but I was prepared. I expected the best and pretty much got it. Thank you! I can't wait to mingle with ya'll on our next cruise! We are already looking to book again...

Hey LadyBug, welcome back! :)

Lurking isn't a bad thing....look at all the great info you picked up!

I really enjoyed the months leading up to my first cruise by spending time here on CC, I too gained some valuable insight and information from some amazingly seasoned cruisers.

Glad you had a great cruise.....when's the next one? :D

Welcome back Ladybug. Sounds like you had a fantastic time and participated in alot of shipboard activities. I wish I had known about CC before this year. I've taken a number of cruises but I still learn new things on this board. It's almost as fun planning a cruise as taking one..... I said Almost!!! Happy planning.

OOO! OOO! Where did you find the suction cup toothbrush holder? I want one!

ME TOO!!!

I also want to rubber stamp everything lady bug said....I have learned SOOOOOOOOO much from these boards....and to think I just found CC by googling 'cruise reviews'....everyone that steps foot on a ship should know about this site! And the thing I love most about it is that 99% of the people that post are so kind, courteous, and helpful....you all love cruising so much, that you want all of us that are somewhat new to cruising to love it as much as you do!!! In many other segments of our lives we find just the opposite, people want to keep a good thing to themselves....not here! I have had persons on this board send me private emails with valuable information, call me on my phone at home (across country) and talk for an hour with advice and hints, and even send me a $50 friends coupon.... What a blessing you have been! :) :D :) :D :)

We leave Friday morning for Miami....and I feel totally prepared!!!!

So, thank you much!!!!

OOO! OOO! Where did you find the suction cup toothbrush holder? I want one!

I tried a few Dollar Tree type stores until I found the toothbrush holder. We found about 3-4 different suction cup items.

Bobbie, I still wonder if my room attendant ever recovered from the incident with me finding the dead chicken in my room.

Archived