Todos Santos - worth a look around???

Jenbo57

Has anyone done a tour of Todos Santos while in Cabo? Is it worth the drive, i.e. is it interesting and there are things to see? We've done the MR itinerary twice before, but with Mazatlan included. Not thrilled about two days in Cabo and are looking for something new to do.

Thanks!

Has anyone done a tour of Todos Santos while in Cabo? Is it worth the drive, i.e. is it interesting and there are things to see? We've done the MR itinerary twice before, but with Mazatlan included. Not thrilled about two days in Cabo and are looking for something new to do.

Thanks!

This will be our 4th trip to Cabo. We have done pretty much all the shore excursions that we are interested in and will be going to Todos Santos for something new. Our tour is for 9/28 and I can tell you all about it when I get back.

This will be our 4th trip to Cabo. We have done pretty much all the shore excursions that we are interested in and will be going to Todos Santos for something new. Our tour is for 9/28 and I can tell you all about it when I get back.

Awesome, thanks. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

We have been to Todos Santos a couple of times and I think it would be a great way to spend the day especially if you have already seen everything that you want to in Cabo.

You may want to arrange for a private tour or rent a car so that you can explore more of the area since Todos Santos itself is not that big. You could stop at nearby Cerritos beach and watch the surfers- there is a great little beach bar there and it is only about 10 minutes from the town.

I agree -- book a private driver who will stop for other things during the road trips to and from TS to break up the monotony.

Otherwise it's not worth the long ride there and even longer ride back over the same road at the end of the day.

Thanks househunter and candydane!

Househunter, I know you spend a lot of time in Cabo; how's the highway heading up the coast to Todos Santos? Also, if we rent a car will we feel safe heading out on our own? (We're driven all over the Caribbean, but never in Mexico.) I think I'd actually prefer to do it that way, so we can stop if we see something interesting along the way. Someone else had mentioned Cerritos Beach; we'll probably want to check that out, too.

We drove the highway almost to Cerritos Beach with a friend in May and they are still working on it. But it was still a very easy drive with just a short part of the road torn up where they had you veer off onto a temporary dirt road- maybe 15 minutes of the drive.

I would still say it is a very easy drive. Go all the way to Todos Santos, walk around and shop for a bit, have lunch at the Cafe Sante Fe or Tequila Sunrise. Then on the way back stop at Cerritos, have a drink and hang out at the beach bar. They have massage tables set up in the sand there and they are very reasonable. I think I paid $20 or $25 for 45 minutes. Then you could either stop at some of the other beaches or maybe stop at Art & Beer. It is a very unusual little restaurant/bar that has the best drinks!

Make sure you are back before sunset though as that is when the roads are more dangerous.

We drove the highway almost to Cerritos Beach with a friend in May and they are still working on it. But it was still a very easy drive with just a short part of the road torn up where they had you veer off onto a temporary dirt road- maybe 15 minutes of the drive.

I would still say it is a very easy drive. Go all the way to Todos Santos, walk around and shop for a bit, have lunch at the Cafe Sante Fe or Tequila Sunrise. Then on the way back stop at Cerritos, have a drink and hang out at the beach bar. They have massage tables set up in the sand there and they are very reasonable. I think I paid $20 or $25 for 45 minutes. Then you could either stop at some of the other beaches or maybe stop at Art & Beer. It is a very unusual little restaurant/bar that has the best drinks!

Make sure you are back before sunset though as that is when the roads are more dangerous.

Make also sure you have a designated driver with you who does not drink alcohol.

Perfect! Now the next question is, since the rental cars are all at SJD, how much will it cost to cab out there/how long will it take?

Many thanks, househunter! :)

Getting there by taxi is expensive...expect to pay $80-100 US each way depending on the taxi driver. Renting a car is better but finding parking can be a pain and I personally hate the road to Todos Santos with all the construction, slow trucks, speeding trucks and wildlife in the road. The road from Cabo to La Paz has been under construction/repair since I moved here. Todos Santos is half way between. The drive can take 1hr 15min to 2hrs+ depending on the traffic, accidents, construction. I love Todos Santos so hope you get there and enjoy!

Archived