NCL Bad Customer Service

Suzyqharshman

We complained to NCL after our last cruise Wind 2003 and was told by the rep. if we booked another cruise they would take care of us. We had upgraded at a pretty good price and got an Owners Suite. But had no water in the bathroom sink and complained about it and never had water the rest of the cruise in bathroom sink. Not good, especially with the big push with trying not to pass on the flu bugs.

We also complained about not being assisted correctly with loading the ship and spending 3+ hours out in the hot sun. Know one knew where to direct us for the Owner's Suite counter. It ruined that day for me.

We never heard from the rep after we booked. Stated they lost our complaint. We wrote them a letter detailing what happened. They sent us a 200.00 credit and that was it. Our travel agent complained. We received a letter today from customer servuce, basically saying to bad. If we had not already bought our airline tickets I would have cancelled.

Does anyone know who else we could possibly get in touch with??

We felt the 200.00 they offered us was a slap in the face. We felt they should have a least up-graded us. Or gave us back the money we spent to upgrade on the last ship.

Suzy-Q

We complained to NCL after our last cruise Wind 2003 and was told by the rep. if we booked another cruise they would take care of us. We had upgraded at a pretty good price and got an Owners Suite. But had no water in the bathroom sink and complained about it and never had water the rest of the cruise in bathroom sink. Not good, especially with the big push with trying not to pass on the flu bugs.

We also complained about not being assisted correctly with loading the ship and spending 3+ hours out in the hot sun. Know one knew where to direct us for the Owner's Suite counter. It ruined that day for me.

We never heard from the rep after we booked. Stated they lost our complaint. We wrote them a letter detailing what happened. They sent us a 200.00 credit and that was it. Our travel agent complained. We received a letter today from customer servuce, basically saying to bad. If we had not already bought our airline tickets I would have cancelled.

We felt the 200.00 they offered us was a slap in the face. We felt they should have a least up-graded us. Or gave us back the money we spent to upgrade on the last ship.

Suzy-Q

I can remember your complaints from 2 years back. What did you expect this time? You got a $200 and upgraded for a good price? I guess Iam missing something here? Did you expect a free cruise or some such thing? When someones complains for good reason they should be heard, when that same someone continues to complain a red flag goes up. NMnita

Suzy-Q

i have to agree with the poster before me...it was 2 years ago. you upgraded to a great room at a great price (as you state) and you got a 200 dollar on board credit. i'm not sure if i'm missing something but what's the problem? did you want a free cruise from NCL?. problems do happen on ships, and I think a 200 dollar credit is very generous. mabye i'm missing something....

No I expected better compensation. Not a free cruise. And upgraded for an additional 2,500 + is not what I would consider a great deal, they were trying to fill the ship. You were not there. Try having a cabin with no running water for a week. Also trying standing in line for hours on end when you knew there was a check in for the owners suite, but know one would help us and we even called customer service. Again I feel the 200.00 was slap in the face.It was very frustrating. And the NCL rep. said she would make it right when we returned if we booked another cruise. And when we did book they had lost our original complaint. You had to be there!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::confused:

Our travel agent has been working with us with the situation and also feels the rep. could have done more. She has told us she is very frustrated with the rep. At this point we will just hope for the best. And hopefully we will have a better cruise with NCL in October.

We complained to NCL after our last cruise Wind 2003 and was told by the rep. if we booked another cruise they would take care of us. We had upgraded at a pretty good price and got an Owners Suite.

Suzy-Q

First you say you were "upgraded at a pretty good price"

And upgraded for an additional 2,500 + is not what I would consider a great deal

Then you say it wasn't a good deal...

How can NCL possibly satisfy you?

I am a little confused:

First you say you had no water in the bathroom sink - then in a later post you claim that you had no running water period for a week - which is it ?

My take:

sink: minor inconvenience

no running water (that is to say no toilet, no shower) for a week: major inconvenience

If a non-functioning sink and a boarding delay are your complaints a $200 credit seems reasonable but not generous.

No plumbing for a week - that is another story.

I have to agree with everything Zeno said, as I was about to say the same things; first it's one thing, then another. It sounds like you were very unhappy and maybe rightfully so, but you can't get over it: well DO for heavens sake. As for the life boat drill, would you have liked them to set you up just for you? Most people who have cruised more than once do everything in their power to get out of the safety drills, now you are complaining. You were out in the Sun for 3 hours: I think you lost me there. Normally NCL has excellent embarkation especially for suite passengers. I hate to be so #itchy, but it sounds like you are very hard to please!!! NMnita

I am a little confused:

First you say you had no water in the bathroom sink - then in a later post you claim that you had no running water period for a week - which is it ?

My take:

sink: minor inconvenience

no running water (that is to say no toilet, no shower) for a week: major inconvenience

If a non-functioning sink and a boarding delay are your complaints a $200 credit seems reasonable but not generous.

No plumbing for a week - that is another story.

The only thing I find I disagree with is that no water in the bathroom sink is a minor inconvenience. I don't think it's enough to ruin a cruise (at least for me it wouldn't) but it's certainly more than a minor pain when it comes to brushing your teeth and washing your face!

But I guess I have to say, a good upgrade and $200 would have made it all better for me.

I'm thinking that in addition to the upgrade and credits on the last cruise, doing the same on all future cruises would be about all.

-Monte

As for the life boat drill, would you have liked them to set you up just for you? Most people who have cruised more than once do everything in their power to get out of the safety drills, now you are complaining.NMnita

Sorry to disagree, but most people who have cruised more than once and know enough about ships & the sea DO NOT do everything in their power to avoid a life boat drill...Only a fool would try to avoid a Life Boat Drill..Have been on 11 (Commercial) cruises & have travelled thousands of miles on ships all over the World...Have also put more than 25,000 miles on a 33 foot Sailboat in good & bad weather..We have more respect than to try to avoid a Life Boat Drill..We've been in some pretty hairy situations & believe me we were thankful that the Life Saving procedures were drilled into us time & again..

Good Captains always insist that all Passengers/Crew attend Muster &

Maritime Law says all Passengers/Crew must attend Muster.. We have seen a few passengers who have tried to avoid the Drill & have been on ships where the Captain has set up a special Drill just for those who missed (or avoided) the first one.. And if you still insist on not appearing they can & will put you off the ship at the next port..Lives can be lost because of inattention to safety procedures..

you took the words out of my mouth. that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that. it seems to me that nothing will please the OP.

Sorry to disagree, but most people who have cruised more than once and know enough about ships & the sea DO NOT do everything in their power to avoid a life boat drill...Only a fool would try to avoid a Life Boat Drill..Have been on 11 (Commercial) cruises & have travelled thousands of miles on ships all over the World...Have also put more than 25,000 miles on a 33 foot Sailboat in good & bad weather..We have more respect than to try to avoid a Life Boat Drill..We've been in some pretty hairy situations & believe me we were thankful that the Life Saving procedures were drilled into us time & again..

Good Captains always insist that all Passengers/Crew attend Muster &

Maritime Law says all Passengers/Crew must attend Muster.. We have seen a few passengers who have tried to avoid the Drill & have been on ships where the Captain has set up a special Drill just for those who missed (or avoided) the first one.. And if you still insist on not appearing they can & will put you off the ship at the next port..Lives can be lost because of inattention to safety procedures..

I think you totally missed my point: I have cruised more times than I can count, I would never miss the life boat drill nor do I think one should, but most people I know would love to forget it. This is not saying they don't see the importance of the drill, just wish they didn't have to take it. It's like the firedrills in school: we all participated, understood the importance, but we still hated them. One more thing, why did they miss the drill? I just thought about it. Never have I been on a ship where the drill was prior to sailing. Anyone else pick up on that?

I just thought about it. Never have I been on a ship where the drill was prior to sailing. Anyone else pick up on that?

i've never been on a cruise..so I can't comment..but from what my parents tell me, it's always after the ship departs so I'm thinking the same as you...:confused:

Our family "sort of" likes muster. We joke with each other about how goofy we look with those funky orange vests on. Somehow, that's almost like muster is the official beginning of the cruise.

But don't pay any attention to me. If you knew my family you would know we're strange in many ways.

;)

-Monte

About the fire drills PLEASE don't bring your drinks and beers with you to these and try and be sober, because i'm sure you will be the first (God forbid)to be lost at the first sign of a fire or trouble. We have been on 8 cruises and it never fails to amuse us how some people have no reguards for there own safty.

About the fire drills PLEASE don't bring your drinks and beers with you to these and try and be sober, because i'm sure you will be the first (God forbid)to be lost at the first sign of a fire or trouble. We have been on 8 cruises and it never fails to amuse us how some people have no reguards for there own safty.

Totally agree. You should have seen the 2/27 sailing of the Spirit (Animal House at Sea) during the muster drill! Really frightening should have a real emergency happened.

BTW, many of our muster drills have been before leaving port.

Never have I been on a ship where the drill was prior to sailing.

That's been my experience, too, until the 3/13/05 Star sailing that I was just on. Our muster drill was held half an hour before sailing. We even saw a few stragglers boarding the ship as we stood on the open deck mustering.

One more thing, why did they miss the drill? I just thought about it. Never have I been on a ship where the drill was prior to sailing. Anyone else pick up on that?
I've done 11 NCL cruises and every drill was before we left port. I've never had a muster drill take place after sailing. As to wanting to miss the muster drill...everyone goes because they have to but if I boarded late and missed the drill...I wouldn't seek out anyone to make sure I made it up. I'd look at the diagram in my room to see where my muster station is. I'd walk by there and check out the area. And I'd hope for a smooth sailing with no emergencies. But I wouldn't be upset that I missed the drill.

I've done 11 NCL cruises and every drill was before we left port. I've never had a muster drill take place after sailing.

On our first cruise (HAL), we sailed at 6:00, and the muster drill wasn't held until 10:00 the following morning. Looking back at that now, I'm certainly glad nothing happened to that ship overnight. NCL and RCI both hold drills before sailing--when it should be held IMHO.

Adele

Last year on Carnival we had the drill the next morning because we didn't leave NY until midnight!! It interfered with breakfast but rules are rules so we had to go like everyone else. But, if I could have escaped I would :)

Archived