NCL Bad Customer Service

Suzyqharshman

I think the OP should choose another cruise line. Hopefully, not one I would go on. Nothing seems to please him/her. Every cruise has some minor problem, or it could even be a major one, but most passengers choose to not complain. I guess if I complained in 2003, and now it is 2005, I wouldn't expect the cruiseline to remember me. But that's just me.

Katie

That's been my experience, too, until the 3/13/05 Star sailing that I was just on. Our muster drill was held half an hour before sailing. We even saw a few stragglers boarding the ship as we stood on the open deck mustering.

You know what,I take back that about always being after sailing: we sailed out of San Juan on Celebrity and they did have it about 1/2 hour prior to sailing. the other 2 times we have sailed out of SJuan it was the next morning. NMnita

I've done 11 NCL cruises and every drill was before we left port. I've never had a muster drill take place after sailing. As to wanting to miss the muster drill...everyone goes because they have to but if I boarded late and missed the drill...I wouldn't seek out anyone to make sure I made it up. I'd look at the diagram in my room to see where my muster station is. I'd walk by there and check out the area. And I'd hope for a smooth sailing with no emergencies. But I wouldn't be upset that I missed the drill.

this really surprises me: I have sailed NCL 7 times and never had one before sailing. Usually they are about 1/2 hour to an hour after departure.. I guess it depends on the ship or the capt or whomever??!!! We do check out where to go as you do and no, I have to admit if I missed the drill I wouldn't cry about it. Probably regardless, we would all panic if there truely was an emergancy and not remember 1 thing we heard. NMnita

Have been on 17 cruises and all but 1 or 2 (because the ship was late leaving and had to get out of port due to the tides) have been after sailing. I think it is maritime law that the fire boat drill takes place before the ship sails. The 14 cruises on Princess, 1 with HAL, 1 with RCI and 1 with NCL have always been before sailing. Princess and HAL always has their passengers meet in public areas, RCI and NCL where the lifeboat on deck is at. They actually call your cabin number and you have to respond with how many people are in your cabin. It is also hilarious watching other people trying to put their lifejackets on. I would rather have the drill before the ship leaves port, then if there is an emergency, then you are prepared. That doesn't mean everyone is going to remember what to do.

Cecilia, I want to apologize to you: I was cleaning out some drawers in the office and came across old Freestyle Dailys; on our last Sea cruise in Nov the drill was before sailing. I did find the one for our Sky sailing in Jan of 2003, it was the next morning. I am sorry I said all cruises were after departure. Beat me with whatever, but don't make it hurt too bad.

NMNita

I dont think I can wait until my next cruise so I'm gonna have a muster drill right here in my living room.

That is just too funny! LOL

For some reason this reminds me of another thread here "the funniest thing you've seen at sea". Someone posted about a guy who wore his lifevest the entire cruise.

OK - what am I missing here???? This occurance happened in 2003 and the complaint is still lingering??????? Please get over it, and move on. Life is really, really, really too short for grudges. From what I read, you got a nice upgrade, and a non functioning sink. That is frustrating - but for over two years!!! Wow. Let this weary old horse die a natural death, and try to move on to greener pastures - or blue-er waters!! Whatever turns your crank! Oh yes, don't forget, this is April Fool's Day - ------- :D

So I would direct this to everyone being it was our first cruise. And that I do find it important for safety. I am a nurse. We were left on our own to figure out if in an emergency what we would need to do. I looked over the emergency plan. And I am a stickler for detail. I hear from everyone no big deal missing out on drill. But if your life depended on you knowing how to get off the ship. I guess it would be a different story. Sometimes passengers are new at the game of cruising. And it is important for emergency situations to be prepared. Just my opinion.

Complaint was lingering because NCL never addressed the complaint in the first place. Our TA is the one pushing it. Has said several times if it had been any other cruise line they would have apoligized. We never heard from them. It was our TA that keeps asking them what was happening with our complaint. We never even received a letter from the company. Rep. a year later said well if you book another cruise we will comp. you and probably upgrade. Stated they lost original complaint. We booked a party of 12. And we receieved a 200.00 voucher. So I guess we just shut-up. And hope we have water in our room on our next cruise. And better boarding.:o

Archived