smoking on balconies?

irish2005

Sorry to ask a question instead of give an answer but do they have ash trays out there for u or should I bring my own? Don't want to be flicking ashes all over the place lol.

They'll bring you an ashtray if you ask.

I always bring my buttbucket I bought at WalMart.

They are excellent for balcony smoking.

Sorry to ask a question instead of give an answer but do they have ash trays out there for u or should I bring my own? Don't want to be flicking ashes all over the place lol.

ask your room steward for an ashtray. they have always provided one to us.

The room steward will give you an ashtray but my DH brought an ashtray that looked sort of like a cup with a lid on it - that way the ashes and butts didn't blow around.

Possibley what is called a smokeless ashtray. It has a small electric fan that draws the smoke into a filter without it going into the open air.

All you have to do is ask your room steward he or she will be happy to bring you one, please don't flick your ashes all over.

And just a reminder to those that are new to sailing, the ciggies usually don't make it into the water, please don't flick it overboard, it could come back onto a balcony and start a fire:D

Thanks!!!!

Possibley what is called a smokeless ashtray. It has a small electric fan that draws the smoke into a filter without it going into the open air.

That's not what he is talking about, it's a little ashtray with a lid that contains the ashes and butts without blowing them all over.

My husband travels with a smokeless ashtray and it's great!!! Our neighbors can enjoy their balconies too, he just leaves the ashtray in the room when we are not outside, so no blowing of ashes and butts.

Carole

When I smoked I never could wrap my head around those contraptions. When I exhaled the smoke was it supposed to magically be sucked into the vortex created by the ashtray as well? :)

Carnival will be continue to allow smoking on balconies. I'm a smoker, sadly. On my last two trips the people on the balconies next door made it just awful for me. They would start to cough and have siezures and go into fits of swearing and complain to no end about how their trip was ruined. I couldn't believe how they acted. It wasn't like I was flicking ashes on them or anything.

Carnival will be continue to allow smoking on balconies. I'm a smoker, sadly. On my last two trips the people on the balconies next door made it just awful for me. They would start to cough and have siezures and go into fits of swearing and complain to no end about how their trip was ruined. I couldn't believe how they acted. It wasn't like I was flicking ashes on them or anything.

How totally rude. YOU were following the rules and smoking in a designated smoking area. Sadly they made their problem your problem.

Lol you said they made it awful to you by having seizures (1 of the complaints) I am pretty much sure it is due to a medical conditions is not like the person was like "hey they are smoking next door, get your seizure going". There are people with asthma or other medical conditions that can't take the smoke (yes I know what some will say, take a smoke free cruise etc) I use to smoke many years ago and I do understand what you are going through, now that I do not smoke I can smell cigarette smoke from a block away. I personally would just go back into my cabin and wait for you to finish your cigarette and once your done I would be back on my balcony. I have a dream, that one day the smokers and nonsmokers will be able to coexist, stroll down the Lido deck holding hands singing Cumbaya..... Ok, ok I will stop. :-)

why? the op got her answer on post 2. there was never a need for any more posts after that.

True. I despise smoking threads, so many. Does it take more than a few seconds to scroll a page or two, voila! a smoking question is there! Can also put the word smoking into search button and come up with threads.

I think if someone is on CC, they've seen threads already but want to keep things riled up.

Archived