Allure 9/4/11 review

wingnutphl

I'm so anxious to get on board I soak up everyone's reviews!

Question: Do they show movies at night on the big screens when the Aqua show is not going on?

Hmm I remember them showing Burlesque one night and they had a Grease sing a long another night. I'm not sure if it was a nightly thing and I forgot to bring home the cruise compasses.

Could you watch the shows from your room and see them well? Loved your review. Thanks for taking the time to write it. We have the same cabin but across from you on 11th deck coming up in November. We have 3 cabins and hope to open all the balconies to make one large area to enjoy the Aquatheater from above.

Hi Dawn, My good friend Lisa was on your sailing. I was on the august 21st sailing. Thanks for you review....did you post a full review to be published? Glad you had a great time...sorry to hear about the person getting sick in the pool and the kids that were running around...i dont like to be pushed and i would be pissed off if i was there . My sailing was ok, alot different than the oasis. I posted a review on CC reviews and it was published if you want to read it. One i thought didnt go threw so i wrote another and they both got posted. Its under cruising during hurricane irene. ..........Diane

Could you watch the shows from your room and see them well? Loved your review. Thanks for taking the time to write it. We have the same cabin but across from you on 11th deck coming up in November. We have 3 cabins and hope to open all the balconies to make one large area to enjoy the Aquatheater from above.

Yes we could see the shows from our balcony. We had a better view from the very back of deck 12 and 11. There is a public area with loungers and chairs.

They have early and late shows. We also were able to get out of the dining room fairly quickly.

dawn, thank you. i loved your review and your pix. i too have a boardwalk balcony. i am looking forward to it in december.

did they have a white night? some people say yes and some say no. (where everyone wears white clothes).

i've made all my show reservations and was glad to hear you were able to get out of the dining room early.

there are so many shows that reservations are not needed for but i cannot find anyone who has put up sets of compasses. my schedule is so full and i don't want to miss anything.

thanx in advance for any answers you can give especially about the shows and white night.

They have a black and white party. It's not well advertised so not many people were dressed. It wasn't anything spectacular. No cruise staff attended like the 70's party or the 50-60's party.

I will give you a piece of advice. There is so much to see and do and you have to realize at some point you can't do everything. I was starting to have panic attacks and stressing over missing events. We finally calmed down and picked what we really felt we wanted to do. I can always go back and see the stuff I missed.

St. Martin - We headed to Orient beach and spent a nice relaxing day napping and swimming. There was some seaweed on the beach but not as much as my visit last year.

Loving your review so far!

Tell me about Orient Beach. How did you get there? Are there beach chairs for rent? Any shade? Is there a bar or restaurant on the beach? Changing area/showers?

Thanks!

Teddie

Loving your review so far!

Tell me about Orient Beach. How did you get there? Are there beach chairs for rent? Any shade? Is there a bar or restaurant on the beach? Changing area/showers?

Thanks!

Teddie

When you leave the port area, there are cab stations. Just stand at the one that says Orient Beach. I can't recall how much it was for the cab ride. Maybe $7 per person. Plenty of chairs and places that offer 2 chairs, umbrella and 2 drinks for $10. Only shade is under the umbrella. Most have a rest room but not sure if they have showers. It's not a long beach so you can walk up and down and ask if they offer showers.

Dawn....YOU ROCK! I appreciate you telling us about the foot rest in the bathroom. I'm always struggling with the same thing trying to shave my legs. I also loved the picture of your feet...all you needed then was a Corona. :D My hubby and I are looking forward to ours as well in Jan. We will be on the boardwalk on deck 11.

Again thanks for the review!:)

Thanks for the review! We are on Allure next week! I didnt do the flow rider on Liberty last year because i chickened out - My husband is trying to get me to do it this time around but i am worried i am going to hurt myself!! I am not the most coordinated person - any tips for me??? :D

Pack your bathing suit in your carry on and go on the boogie board side the first day. We did and there were maybe 5 people ahead of us. The instructors help you if they know you are a newbie. Also, take a lesson. I found it worth the $60. Remember, you can't fall far from the boogie board lol. Enjoy!!!

Archived