Celebrity Eclipse TA, April 21, 2012 MERGED

Turtles06

In case folks haven't seen this post on the Celebrity board, X has announced some new programs for the 2012 transatlantics, including ours (altho the announcement had an error in the length of our crossing and the arrival date). Here's the info:

Introducing Celebrity Life Plus, exclusively for Transatlantic voyages

With more days at sea, we've added some dynamic, new onboard activities for 2012 sailings that cross the Atlantic. In addition to our regular Celebrity LifeSM activities, each transatlantic voyage will offer additional highly-respected and engaging enrichment guests and special fitness classes not available on other itineraries. LifeSM activities, each transatlantic voyage will offer additional highly-respected and engaging enrichment guests and special fitness classes not available on other itineraries.

• Sharpen your mind learning from Smithsonian Journeys speakers. Astronomy experts David Hughes and Steve Maran will be onboard specific sailings, as well as art history expert Allison Jessing, and Mark Kaufman, an expert in the growing science of life beyond Earth
  • Other special interest speakers will include Olympic gold medalist Frank Shorter and Hall of Fame professional basketball player Nancy Lieberman plus naturalists, oceanographers and guest artists
  • Explore your love of food and wine reveling in the chance to hear from guest chefs and wine educators, who will present cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, book signings, food & wine pairing dinners and more
  • Want to focus on wellness? We've added the popular Latin and international-inspired dance-fitness program "Zumba Fitness" into our line-up with two classes a day. Led by instructors from the Zumba Instructor Network™, they are licensed to teach specialty Zumba classes - Zumba Gold (for the active older adult) and Aqua Zumba (the ultimate pool party). The program has over 12 million followers in 125 countries.
  • Guest artists, lectures and creative classes with onboard artists from ArtCenter South Florida

2012 cruises featuring Celebrity Life Plus are:

• 14-night voyage on Celebrity Solstice, departing Fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 15, 2012 and arriving in Barcelona, Spain on April 29 ·
  • 10-night cruise on Celebrity Eclipse, departing Miami, Florida on April 21, 2012 and arriving in Southampton, England on May 1 ·
  • 15-night cruise on Celebrity Constellation, departing Fort Lauderdale on May 5, 2012 and arriving in Amsterdam, Holland on May 20 ·
  • 14-night cruise on Celebrity Equinox, departing Fort Lauderdale on April 16, 2012 and arriving in Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy on April 30 ·
  • 9-night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, departing Cape Liberty (Bayonne), NJ on April 22, 2012 and arriving in Rome (Civitavecchia) on May 1 ·
  • 13-night cruise on Celebrity Eclipse, departing Southampton on October 27, 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on November 9
  • 14-night cruise on Celebrity Equinox, departing Rome (Civitavecchia) on November 26, 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on December 10 ·
  • 15-night cruise on Celebrity Constellation, departing Southampton on November 30, 2012 and arriving in Miami on December 16 ·
  • 15-night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, departing Rome (Civitavecchia) on December 1, 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on December 16

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1568243

I just booked with PPT the TA with the Eclipse from Miami to Southampton.

It will be my third TA cruise and 7th with PPT.

Hope to meet some interesting people.

Welcome aboard!

We look forward to meeting you.

Also looking forward to talking with you about BA, as we'll be visiting next year!

Laid back single and down to earth here travelling on the ship solo... looking to meet new friends and perhaps do some tours too...

Would like to see if we have enough to make up a table for dinner....??

Jon, I suspect it will be quite a challenge for you to make new friends on the Eclipse while you're aboard the Solstice! ;)

that is true.. I noticed that as soon as I wrote it as I originally looked at this trip too.... I did delete the posting but CC obviously chose to put it back...

There is the PiedPiper group aboard Eclipse... and .....er..... my parents have just booked it too!!!

Thanks fxxk for Solstice!!!!!!

They don't really ..er...acknowledge my lifestyle and they are now too old to clarify the situation with...

They always say what fun they have had on their numerous cruises when they have shared a table with "queer folk".... lol.... but despite there being 3 or 4 guys living in a 2 bedroom apartment here, they have never enquired further, or comment on how I brought a male friend along to a family wedding etc etc...

I am sure they will have a lovely time ... a bit of a chilly route for me tho...

Sorry about the situation with your parents. There are certainly generational issues ....

Are they on Cruise Critic? They should join our (Celeb Board) Roll Call.:)

I will be happy to chat them up on board. :)

Hi all,

I'm Vana and I'll be cruising with my husband on this transat. So, just a "little intrusion" on your roll call to let you know that I'm organizing a transfer by coach to London via Stonehenge and Windsor. Price will be 55£ / pp. If you want a special discount of 5£ / pp email me at:

vana1234 at hotmail dot ca

If you want to have more info on the tour

www dot internationalfriends dot co dot uk/southampton-cruise-tour-transfer-to-london dot html

We have a lot going on on the "general" roll call. Have a look and see what's going on.

Talk to you soon,

We did it a few years ago. My partner had never been and he enjoyed it. It was a lot of time on the bus to get to Paris, a brief drive through the city (some brief stops for photos), lunch on the bateau mouche was nice (it will be very warm if a sunny day because of all of the glass. Time to go up in the Eiffel tower. If you have never been to Paris it is a nice "taste". You'll have to go back - Paris is a city best seen on foot.

Dear All,

This is our first transatlantic.

We are flying out of Boston and wonder if Miami is worth arriving early?

Have taken six cruise but have never been on this class before.

Planning on staying in England a few days and would appreciate any advice on touring Londay.

Seashell22

Dear All,

Planning on staying in England a few days and would appreciate any advice on touring Londay.

Seashell22

Hi there. We have not toured London since 2005. My partner had never been there, so we opted for a Viator tour that included a day tour of Westminster, Boat trip on the thames, the Tower, Jewel House, Pub Lunch, changing of the guard, and a ticket on the London Eye (on our own). I see they have a similar deal now that include St Paul's and the Globe (and the pub lunch is on your own). I think we paid about 90.00 each back then, it was a good deal and a good way to see a lot in short order without having to wait in lines at any place. Check it out. There are also several choices for transportation depending on how long you will be in town. We had three days and we opted for a day card for the day we did not have the tour and used the heck out of it. Hope this helps.

Dear All,

Seashell22

Hi Seashell, it's our first TA as well (but not our first cruise either).

In terms of arriving early to Miami, how early do you mean? I would strongly suggest arriving for any cruise at least the day before if you have to travel to the port (esp. by plane). I don't know what your interests are, but you could rent a car and see the Everglades, you could drive up the coast and see the mansions of Palm Beach.... You could spend a day on Miami Beach ....

As for London, it's easy to get around by foot and tube.... It's so big, of course, that you can't see everything you want to in a few days. You should figure out what is of the most interest to you (some folks would enjoy the boat trip down the Thames to Greenwich, others wouldn't) and have a plan (including whether it will change if the weather is bad). Also, go on the Ports of Call portion of CC, and you'll find a wealth of info ...

We look forward to meeting you on board!

I'm Julian from San Francisco, frequent cruiser. I especially love transatlantic crossings. Last year my friends and I were on the Solstice. LOVED it. So, looking forward to being on the Eclipse. As it turns out I'll be boarding by myself this year since my pals and I are on 3 different ships due to our schedules. Oh well! Last year we got the Solstice staff to have a gay Newlywed Game just for us in one of the theatres one night. Since it was late night, we had a pretty raucous and fun show. Looking forward to being part of a fun and great Friends of Dorothy group on the Eclipse this year!

headshot.jpg.d6707444566743f038b5d010ca3dd462.jpg

can't wait. Love being at sea.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in Miami the night before the cruise?

So, 7 weeks from tonight we will be asleep on our first night of our voyage!

Btw, congrats Turtle06 for having CC feature your picture on FaceBook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, congrats Turtle06 for having CC feature your picture on FaceBook!

Thank you, and thank you for pointing it out, or I'd never have seen it! :)

I rarely spend time on FB, and I have never before been on CC's FB page.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

(Just ordered our luggage tags!)

If you are on Facebook, go to celebrity's page and join the official event there for our cruise. I'm reading they do special Facebook gatherings onboard too.

Sadly our luggage tags aren't ready yet evidently :-/

For hotels, I stay wherever Priceline puts me in downtown that is 3* or higher for less than $75 :-)

Hi guys,

I just booked this cruise and I'm so excited to go back to sea! I'm from San Francisco and cruising by myself this year.

Last year on the Solstice we had a really rocking FOD group of about 40-50 people and we even got the cruise staff to hold a special gay Newlywed Game for us plus we took over the dance floor a couple of nights. So much fun!

Would love to meet up before the cruise. Getting into Miami on Friday night, the night before the cruise. Any recommendations for hotels?

Julian

It's nice to see more activity on this board! =)

Is anyone planning on meeting up before the cruise? We will be in Miami the night before. Last year, when we did the Equinox Transatlantic, we met up with 20 others from the board. The Friends of Dorothy meeting every night at the Martini bar had at least 30 to 50 people. I couldn't believe it! LOL

If anyone is interested in booking private tours, my husband and I are definitely interested. We don't check this board very often, but, you can either e-mail me at bill@thefloridaexpressbus.com or you can Facebook Me - http://facebook.com/​bhennessey

Hi guys,

I just booked this cruise and I'm so excited to go back to sea! I'm from San Francisco and cruising by myself this year.

Last year on the Solstice we had a really rocking FOD group of about 40-50 people and we even got the cruise staff to hold a special gay Newlywed Game for us plus we took over the dance floor a couple of nights. So much fun!

Julian

Hi Julian, I'm not sure whether you are aware, but Pied Piper has a group on this sailing (we are booked thru them), not sure how big, but that should definitely add a bunch of us!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

PS: Would love to see a gay Newlywed Game

Thanks for the tip about FB. I joined the page which can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/205879952766771/

If you are on Facebook, go to celebrity's page and join the official event there for our cruise. I'm reading they do special Facebook gatherings onboard too.

For hotels, I stay wherever Priceline puts me in downtown that is 3* or higher for less than $75 :-)

I didn't know that Pied Piper has a group on this sailing. How fun! Look forward to meeting everyone.

The gay Newlywed Game was hilarious. We had pre-written some questions and then took questions that night from people in the audience. Here is one exchange:

Q: which one of you handles the laundry in your stateroom?

A: (after much blushing from the 28 yo twink) we both our laundry by wearing our underwear in the jacuzzi ....

but the winner was this answer which BOTH of the couple said for the win:

Q: when you are making whoopee, what animal does your husband sound like?

A: Chihuahua!

Hi Julian, I'm not sure whether you are aware, but Pied Piper has a group on this sailing (we are booked thru them), not sure how big, but that should definitely add a bunch of us!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

PS: Would love to see a gay Newlywed Game

It's odd to me that X doesn't load the whole sailing on its website at once; it seems to be taking days, given what others on the Celeb Board Roll Call have been saying. I was able to order our luggage tags yesterday.

BTW, in case folks haven't seen this yet, the My Reservations page on X's web site has just been redesigned; you have to go to On Line Check In to see the blue button to order luggage tags.

I checked in online yesterday using my reservation number and ordered my luggage tags using the blue button. I'm only bringing 2 pieces of carryon but I always love the luggage tags because then it makes it more real that I'm going on the voyage. Plus I have been known to use the tags when I buy an extra piece of luggage to accommodate a "must have" purchase onshore!

It's odd to me that X doesn't load the whole sailing on its website at once; it seems to be taking days, given what others on the Celeb Board Roll Call have been saying. I was able to order our luggage tags yesterday.

BTW, in case folks haven't seen this yet, the My Reservations page on X's web site has just been redesigned; you have to go to On Line Check In to see the blue button to order luggage tags.

Archived