piers 93 and 92 in san pedro

oldmancurtis

does anyone know anything about the two terminals. we got moved from 93 to 92 next week on the island princess. is one larger?

Based on this info I found in an online search, berth 93 is considerably larger & the one we've used on every cruise from San Pedro except on the old Dawn Princess (aka Fairwind) in 1989.

Berth 93

The terminal at Berth 93 was remodeled and expanded in 2002 to include over 41,000 square feet of luggage lay down area on the first floor for debarking passengers and approximately 58,000 square feet for check-in of embarking passengers on the second floor. The facility has a V.I.P. room in the embarkation area that includes leather furniture, desks, service area for refreshments with a wet sink, refrigerator, and a television. Throughout the spacious terminal, there is ample seating provided along with three 50 inch flat panel televisions. There are a total of 36 booths for checking in passengers on the 'B' side of the terminal with an additional 12 booths on the 'A' side which can be used for special groups or early arrivals.

Berth 91-92

The facility at Berth 91/92 has approximately 18,000 square feet of space for the lay down of luggage. This area can then be quickly converted to accommodate up to 40 check-in booths for embarking passengers. The set up for embarkation can be tailored to the needs of the cruise vessel berthing at the terminal.

does anyone know anything about the two terminals. we got moved from 93 to 92 next week on the island princess. is one larger?

I think they are pretty much the same, they are right adjacent to each other and we have sailed out of both, should be no problem for you . They use the same parking lot and a curved drive goes right by both for drop off and pick up.

We live here about 20 minutes from the port, the area can be congested both at drop off and pick up, it is a circlecular parking area where you can drive around a time or two if you need to , and there are port people there to direct traffic.

Also if you have time before or after the cruise, the SS Lane Victory a WWII merchant ship is docked right next to the 92-93 and is open for tours, and utilizes the same access road up to the port , instead of turning into the cruise port you go straight ahead to the parking area, it is an interesting ship to tour , most people don't know about this . There is a nominal admission fee , I forget how much. I think it is port 93 that the cruise ships looks out on the Lane Victory below. Just an added little thing in case you have time or would want to do something like that.

Don't worry about the change in 92-93 , its no big deal. Have a great cruise.

Cori

Don't worry about the change in 92-93 , its no big deal. Have a great cruise.

Cori

I completely agree...it's not a big deal with either pier. :)

Sometime next year they expect the battleship USS Iowa (BB-61) to be permanently berthed in San Pedro as a floating museum. It will also be a short walk from the cruise ship terminal & another option in addition to the Lane Victory.

Not to worry. They are right next to each other and accessible from the same parking area. Both very easy.
I agree. It's "Door #1" or "Door #2." They're essentially at the same pier, just different sections. There's only one entrance to the cruise terminal and you will drive to the end and circle back, stopping at the pier for your ship.

I completely agree...it's not a big deal with either pier. :)

Sometime next year they expect the battleship USS Iowa (BB-61) to be permanently berthed in San Pedro as a floating museum. It will also be a short walk from the cruise ship terminal & another option in addition to the Lane Victory.

They got the Iowa? That will be a nice addition to Lane. We went out on Lane Victory a couple weeks ago.

They got the Iowa? That will be a nice addition to Lane. We went out on Lane Victory a couple weeks ago.

Yes, a great addition to the Port of LA with estimates being in 2012 or 2013. I hope they're more accurate than when my old carrier the Midway went to SD. It took many years due to so many snafus surfacing with every government agency possible making demands to allow her to go to SD. :rolleyes:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/07/local/la-me-0907-uss-iowa-20110907

Yes, a great addition to the Port of LA with estimates being in 2012 or 2013. I hope they're more accurate than when my old carrier the Midway went to SD. It took many years due to so many snafus surfacing with every government agency possible making demands to allow her to go to SD. :rolleyes:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/07/local/la-me-0907-uss-iowa-20110907

Glad she made it there. My husband and I toured her a few years ago when our coastal cruise on the Golden stopped in San Diego. We docked right next to her & my husband took one look & said, "Hey, let's go see that." I just went along for the ride & much to my surprise found it completely fascinating.

Archived