New to HAL and would like Eurodam info

NoVa Mimi

We, DH, 21 y/o DS and myself are booked on the Eurodam Eastern Caribbean for 3/3/12. I booked an SC (aft-6164) and would love some info on this cabin. We have been on RCCL (OS and GS) and Princess in an aft suite. Can anyone compare these? I am very confused with the SC,SB, etc. Some of the pictures I've seen make the furnishings look a bit utilitarian. I would appreciate any information any of you kind folks can share with a HAL newbie and thank you in advance :)

We, DH, 21 y/o DS and myself are booked on the Eurodam Eastern Caribbean for 3/3/12. I booked an SC (aft-6164) and would love some info on this cabin. We have been on RCCL (OS and GS) and Princess in an aft suite. Can anyone compare these? I am very confused with the SC,SB, etc. Some of the pictures I've seen make the furnishings look a bit utilitarian. I would appreciate any information any of you kind folks can share with a HAL newbie and thank you in advance :)

We where 31, & 29 when we first cruised the Eurodam.

We are going on her a second time this year.

SC AFT is probably my second choice to the PH.

1. Utilize the afternoon tea & evening apps (order day before)

2. Utilize the unlimited laundry & dry cleaning

3. Book a retreat cabana for the best in service and a lounger without having to fight for one.

4. Book a HMC cabana.

5. Dont go to sleep during the dessert extravaganza like me

6. Book a Tamarind lunch reservation (free) at 12:15 for the day you come into San Juan.

7. Eat Canaletto at least once. Try the Penne Ala Vodka and ask them to add chicken. They will.

8. Go to total wine in FL and get your favorite wine & champagne. If you like energy drinks bring them too. HAL is the only line that I know of that allows you to bring as much as you want.

9. If you like hard liquor, order it to your room through indulgences and enjoy a cocktail party with your evening apptizers.

10. Try tamarind for dinner.

11. Loved the food in the MDR on formal night, it was better than Pinnicle IMO

12. When we did Bio Bay Kayak in San Juan that leaves at 4 PM and were going to miss lobster night so we had the concierge order dinner for us, and leave it right at 9, when the MDR closes, and we got there at 9:15 PM still warm, DF had 4 lobster tails.

13. Try ROME season 1 & 2 instead of watching TV. Order it, in order from the front desk free of charge.

14. Run your jetted tub with hot water and liquid soap or shampoo, let it settle before getting into it to make sure pump is clean

15. To avoid the crowds, (allure, epic could be 8 K people in St Thomas) take the ferry from Crown Bay (where Eurodam Docks) to Water Island and go to Honeymoon Beach. If you get 8 people together you can pre book and secure a 9:00- or 9:30 AM ferry, (first one is 8 AM (too early to make it) , second one is 10:30, too late. Before getting on the ferry, grab some drinks (bring a cooler bag) from the Gourmet Market where the ferry docks.

This is public transport not an excursion. Best day ever.

Best of luck,

Congrats!!

Being in an SC category cabin you also have access to the Neptune Lounge -- it is open from 7 AM - 8 or 8:30 PM. There is continental breakfast there from 7 AM - about 11 AM. From 11 AM - 5 PM there are several kinds of tea sandwiches and weaps, desserts, cookies, chocolates. From 5 - closing there are cold appitizers and crudites. There is a great coffee machine where you can get expresso or lattes besides regular coffee. In the morning there is freshly squeezed orange juice. In the afternoon there is iced tea and cranberry juice. You also have 2 concierges who can do anything for you -- make reservations at the speciality restaurants and spa, etc. They can also get you the DVD's -- and they can make change for you.

Usually there will be a welcome aboard suite cocktail party on the first evening of the cruise.

We loved the Silk Den for drinks before dinner. The Tamarind is great for dinner -- $15 per person.

There is also the Pinnacle Grill -- lunch is $10 per person and $25 per person for dinner.

There is also room service for breakfast, lunch and dinner -- lots of choices.

Being in an SC category cabin you also have access to the Neptune Lounge -- it is open from 7 AM - 8 or 8:30 PM. There is continental breakfast there from 7 AM - about 11 AM. From 11 AM - 5 PM there are several kinds of tea sandwiches and weaps, desserts, cookies, chocolates. From 5 - closing there are cold appitizers and crudites. There is a great coffee machine where you can get expresso or lattes besides regular coffee. In the morning there is freshly squeezed orange juice. In the afternoon there is iced tea and cranberry juice. You also have 2 concierges who can do anything for you -- make reservations at the speciality restaurants and spa, etc. They can also get you the DVD's -- and they can make change for you.

Usually there will be a welcome aboard suite cocktail party on the first evening of the cruise.

We loved the Silk Den for drinks before dinner. The Tamarind is great for dinner -- $15 per person.

There is also the Pinnacle Grill -- lunch is $10 per person and $25 per person for dinner.

So, the cost for lunch in the PG did not increase in price but the cost for dinner increased from $20 to $25? :confused: And the mariner's discount would make it $20?

I had booked an SC suite on a Baltic cruise this summer but moved due to an upsell. Before disembarkation, we visited the aft SC suite and realized we would really have liked it. Of course, I'm an aft fan so that helped. A couple of odd things - the flat panel TV is placed on the counter in a place that blocks the view from the window. That mostly would not have been a problem since we'd either be viewing the wake via the sliding door from the sofa. Also, the wrap-around veranda is nice but narrow. Don't know how the wind would be on the side of the ship where the loungers are located but I'm not a "lay in the sun" kind of person so this would not have been too important to me.

BTW, I did not look at the deck plan so possibly you don't have a corner suite.

You do have a bit of a walk to the Neptune Lounge. If you plan to bring back food/beverages, try the old trick of taking your ice bucket tray with you. Careful - it may not be 100% flat but they don't appear to have trays in the lounge. I found the lounge helpful for grabbing a beverage or snack and taking it back to the suite. The lounge is OK but there are no windows which makes it less inviting for lingering (IMO). You can get the help from the Neptune staff just by calling unless you need to make a physical visit (changing money, etc.)

If you've seen the pictures, you've seen the suite and the furnishings. I found them comfortable and tasteful. I do prefer Princess' cabin arrangement with the curtain that can divide the suite into two areas - great for an early riser like me.

If Internet in the suite is important to you, hopefully someone can comment on the signal strenght in the aft suites.

Even though I did end up in the PH, I would not hesitate to book an aft suite on the Eurodam for a future cruise.

Thank you very much for all the helpful info! Is the cabin a desirable one? I thought I read something about the balcony, and are the furnishings nice?

We where 31, & 29 when we first cruised the Eurodam.

We are going on her a second time this year.

SC AFT is probably my second choice to the PH.

1. Utilize the afternoon tea & evening apps (order day before)

2. Utilize the unlimited laundry & dry cleaning

3. Book a retreat cabana for the best in service and a lounger without having to fight for one.

4. Book a HMC cabana.

5. Dont go to sleep during the dessert extravaganza like me

6. Book a Tamarind lunch reservation (free) at 12:15 for the day you come into San Juan.

7. Eat Canaletto at least once. Try the Penne Ala Vodka and ask them to add chicken. They will.

8. Go to total wine in FL and get your favorite wine & champagne. If you like energy drinks bring them too. HAL is the only line that I know of that allows you to bring as much as you want.

9. If you like hard liquor, order it to your room through indulgences and enjoy a cocktail party with your evening apptizers.

10. Try tamarind for dinner.

11. Loved the food in the MDR on formal night, it was better than Pinnicle IMO

12. When we did Bio Bay Kayak in San Juan that leaves at 4 PM and were going to miss lobster night so we had the concierge order dinner for us, and leave it right at 9, when the MDR closes, and we got there at 9:15 PM still warm, DF had 4 lobster tails.

13. Try ROME season 1 & 2 instead of watching TV. Order it, in order from the front desk free of charge.

14. Run your jetted tub with hot water and liquid soap or shampoo, let it settle before getting into it to make sure pump is clean

15. To avoid the crowds, (allure, epic could be 8 K people in St Thomas) take the ferry from Crown Bay (where Eurodam Docks) to Water Island and go to Honeymoon Beach. If you get 8 people together you can pre book and secure a 9:00- or 9:30 AM ferry, (first one is 8 AM (too early to make it) , second one is 10:30, too late. Before getting on the ferry, grab some drinks (bring a cooler bag) from the Gourmet Market where the ferry docks.

This is public transport not an excursion. Best day ever.

Best of luck,

Congrats!!

AWESOME TIPS...thanks for posting!!...see you on the sail to Honeymoon Beach ;) (Diana)

Do you know what nights will the formal nights....and is lobster served on one of these nights?

I had booked an SC suite on a Baltic cruise this summer but moved due to an upsell. Before disembarkation, we visited the aft SC suite and realized we would really have liked it. Of course, I'm an aft fan so that helped. A couple of odd things - the flat panel TV is placed on the counter in a place that blocks the view from the window. That mostly would not have been a problem since we'd either be viewing the wake via the sliding door from the sofa. Also, the wrap-around veranda is nice but narrow. Don't know how the wind would be on the side of the ship where the loungers are located but I'm not a "lay in the sun" kind of person so this would not have been too important to me.

BTW, I did not look at the deck plan so possibly you don't have a corner suite.

You do have a bit of a walk to the Neptune Lounge. If you plan to bring back food/beverages, try the old trick of taking your ice bucket tray with you. Careful - it may not be 100% flat but they don't appear to have trays in the lounge. I found the lounge helpful for grabbing a beverage or snack and taking it back to the suite. The lounge is OK but there are no windows which makes it less inviting for lingering (IMO). You can get the help from the Neptune staff just by calling unless you need to make a physical visit (changing money, etc.)

If you've seen the pictures, you've seen the suite and the furnishings. I found them comfortable and tasteful. I do prefer Princess' cabin arrangement with the curtain that can divide the suite into two areas - great for an early riser like me.

If Internet in the suite is important to you, hopefully someone can comment on the signal strenght in the aft suites.

Even though I did end up in the PH, I would not hesitate to book an aft suite on the Eurodam for a future cruise.

Bippie, thanks so much for the info! I am so sorry that I hadn't noted your response when I asked the exact questions that you were kind enough to answer! The furnishings seem a bit stark in the photos that I have seen. Perhaps I am just accustomed to Princess and RCCL. Thank you again!! :)

Thank you very much for all the helpful info! Is the cabin a desirable one? I thought I read something about the balcony, and are the furnishings nice?

We had friends that stayed in an SC -- they loved it. We prefer the SA's near the Neptune Lounge.

Joanie has a "sticky" that shows pictures of the various types of cabins. She always stays in an SC -- she loves them.

So, the cost for lunch in the PG did not increase in price but the cost for dinner increased from $20 to $25? :confused: And the mariner's discount would make it $20?

Correct -- the price of the Punnacle lunch did not go up.

If you are a 3 star Mariner the cost of the Pinnacle dinner is $18.75 per person (25% discount).

Four star Mariners now will pay $12.50 per person -- 50% discount.

Archived