SNUBA - St. Thomas, St. Martin, or St. Kitts?

PS90

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone help?

I need advice for doing a SNUBA excursion - mostly I would like to know which port would be the best - as far as which port has the best company running the SNUBA; as well as the best places to SNUBA for scenic purposes.

The ports of call are going to be St. Thomas, St. Martin, and St. Kitts. Which is best?

Any opinions/info/advice?

Thanks very much!

I did SNUBA on St Thomas with Coral World, and booked with them directly. I had the instructor all to myself, and later saw the cruise excursion with at least 10 people, but I think they were with another SNUBA operator who uses Coral World's reef, but is separate. The Coral World instructor was excellent.

At Coral World you're on a coral reef, so you'll definitely see fish. I don't think St Kitts has a coral reef nearby but I'd google to find out information about their diving/snorkeling environs.

I think St Martin has a reef on the French side near Pinel Island, because that's where most of the snorkeling tours go. I know it's a rocky area with lots of fish, but don't know if they also have the reef.

I took some photos with my underwater camera, but haven't had a chance to post them since I just got back yesterday. If I get around to it soon, I'll post.

You can find SNUBA at Coral World's website, http://www.coralworld.com, I think.

Let's hope at least one of them turns out! I know the photo I took of the instructor is good, but not too sure about the fish ones. It's kind of hard to take photos when trying to learn something new like SNUBA, but it would have been better if somebody else had taken the photos so I could concentrate more on SNUBA.

• 1 year later...

Archived