Ladies - leg solutions!

Glammy Grammy

I have very pale skin, particularly on my legs and usually resort to fake tan. Just purchased a can of Sally Hansen Airbrush legs and wow what a result. You simply spray it on and gently smooth over your legs - result - a lovely colour with really good coverage that covers most blemishes like spider veins etc, and makes your legs look 'finished'. I did one leg, then compared in the mirror and it looked at least 10 years younger than the uncovered one. Magic. Excellent for formal nights, and it's water resistant too. Rubbed a white tissue over my legs when they were dry and hardly any transfer. I can recommend it.

I tried that same product and found the results to be satisfactory. The huge problem I had was from the overspray that rested on every nearby surface...what a huge mess!!!!!

Because the tan you spray on your body doesn't wipe of easily and is almost waterproof, you can imagine how hard it was to get off my hardwood floors and everything else the overspray settled on.

The next time I tried it, I followed a friend's recommentation and sprayed it on while standing in the shower. I nearly coughed to death on the overspray and had one heck of a time getting the stuff off every surface of my tub and shower enclosure.

So, although I can recommend the spray tan results, I can't recommend applying it indoors..outdoors, yes!

I have the best luck with Tan Towels. It took a couple of tries to learn about going easy on ankles and knees, but they go on so easily and there is no unpleasant smell. Plus, they travel well because they aren't a liquid!

The Neutrogena Micro Mist also works well, but like a previous poster said, I learned to spray in the tub, and I also wind up using a mitt to smooth out the areas that tend to get too much application.

I have the best luck with Tan Towels. It took a couple of tries to learn about going easy on ankles and knees, but they go on so easily and there is no unpleasant smell. Plus, they travel well because they aren't a liquid!

The Neutrogena Micro Mist also works well, but like a previous poster said, I learned to spray in the tub, and I also wind up using a mitt to smooth out the areas that tend to get too much application.

Tan towels ?? where do you get those, who is it made by. Looking for something to cover spider veins, etc.

Cori

http://www.drugstore.com/loreal-sublime-bronze-self-tanning-towelettes-medium/qxp150739

This is what I use now and have wonderful success with them! I always wear latex gloves to prevent any darkening on my hands. I shower first, shave my legs, and moisturize like crazy, then use a towelette, making sure to use swirling motions, instead of moving straight up and down my legs and arms...

Um, Bars, I'd wear a bathing suit if I were doing the spraying outside...and I'd make sure I was out of view of my neighbor's view! ;) Problem would be that I cruise to escape Ohio's winter, so there'd be a chance I might be standing knee-deep in snow while I'm spraying!:eek:

Nope, just give me my tanning towels...I can use them just about anywhere..

I agree, the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs is great - it really does work. I was amazed at how good it made my legs look! The thing about the overspray - the directions tell you to spray the stuff on your hand and then apply it to your leg. I think a couple of good sprays to the palm did the trick. You're not supposed to spray it on your legs - I can see where that would make quite a mess!

It lasts all day and doesn't "sweat" off. :)

Now, what's the sense of having a "spray-on tan" if the only place you spray it is on your hands, and not on the area you want to tan?????? :confused::confused::confused:

Might as well use a tanning cream or lotion in the first place....

It's not a spray-on tan or self-tanner. It is basically leg make-up. A girl at work told me about it and I bought some but didn't use it for a month or so. When I finally did, I am telling you it really made my legs look great, covered up all those little age spot things, which I hate. It really is not as hard to apply as it sounds.

My daughter swears by the Sally Hansen so I bought some last night . I'm glad I read about the over spray:eek: It is leg make up and my daughter has some serious scarring on one leg and it really did cover it up. So I hope it works the same for spider veins.

Kris

It is more of a foundation for your legs rather than a fake tan, as a tan just darkens your skin but this covers imperfections. What surprises me the most is that my legs look so much better/finished and younger with this on and that's a bonus to just looking tanned. I spray it onto my hands then smooth on, takes seconds, and washes off hands no problem. I've used it at night time, and it's lasted the next day too until I showered at night time.

Tan Towels are in almost any drugstore...at least, in Va.!

http://www.drugstore.com/loreal-sublime-bronze-self-tanning-towelettes-medium/qxp150739

This is what I use now and have wonderful success with them! I always wear latex gloves to prevent any darkening on my hands. I shower first, shave my legs, and moisturize like crazy, then use a towelette, making sure to use swirling motions, instead of moving straight up and down my legs and arms...

Um, Bars, I'd wear a bathing suit if I were doing the spraying outside...and I'd make sure I was out of view of my neighbor's view! ;) Problem would be that I cruise to escape Ohio's winter, so there'd be a chance I might be standing knee-deep in snow while I'm spraying!:eek:

Nope, just give me my tanning towels...I can use them just about anywhere..

Thanks for the information , going to check those tanning towels out.

Cori

I really like the St. Tropez Mousse. I bought mine through QVC over a yr. ago. It comes with an application mit. It applys color instantly and then gives you a tan. It's not messy or smelly, even the next day. The can lasts pretty long. I think it's my favorite out of all I've tried, and I've tried many! I think I've seen it on Amazon and Ebay. Make sure you're getting the application mit if you order it.

I buy it in the supermarket, or department stores. Just got a bargain for my cruise as it's been reduced to half price in our local supermarket. Also think you can buy it on-line at Amazon.

I'm in the Uk and would like to get some for my next cruise. Not sure what the rules are about naming supermarkets on here, but imagine it is one of the bigger chains. Does the name of the supermarket begin with a M, T, S or A?

I agree, the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs is great - it really does work. I was amazed at how good it made my legs look! The thing about the overspray - the directions tell you to spray the stuff on your hand and then apply it to your leg. ...

:)

Exactly what I was going to say, the instructions tell you to spray it on your palm and spread it.

I must admit, I do wonder why they bother putting it in an aerosol when you're not supposed to spray it - seems like unnecessary complications for nothing.:confused:

For those of us with veins etc, fake tans just don't do it, because they're transparent. The Sally Hansen is more like make-up for your legs. I'm sure you'll find it in the major chains (Boots?) in the UK, because it's in all the big pharmacies here in Australia

Ok, I tried it last night and it really covered my spider veins. I was surprised at how well. It is spendy so now that i know it will work for those nights that I don't want to wear hose I will save it and pack it away. But I agree that it is weird that it is in an aeosol can yet you spray it onto your hand.

Kris

I'm in the Uk and would like to get some for my next cruise. Not sure what the rules are about naming supermarkets on here, but imagine it is one of the bigger chains. Does the name of the supermarket begin with a M, T, S or A?

Begins with a T and ends with an O!!!, I bought a can a couple of days ago and it was reduced to half price, they had a few colours too. I find the medium tan is great on my pale skin, gives a lovely colour without looking fake and excellent coverage for blemishes.

Archived