Anyone ever do the Cozumel Dolphin Tour?

QUIGONATOR

We went directly to the park and booked through them. The park is very nice and it is a low cost cab ride to it. You can also book the adventure through the park on line and go there once you dock. I can tell you that if you have not done this before it is really cool but the Dolphins were lots bigger then I thought. The guys running it were great and took really good care of us

DH and I swam with the dolphins at Dolphinaris in 2009. We booked through Carnival. We had an amazing time! It was pricy, but worth it. They took pictures and video as well. (nothing better than putting in the dvd and remembering our awesome trip there!) The staff was wonderful.

Heres a link to their site: http://www.dolphinaris.com/swim%20programs/cozumel.aspx

I booked through the park also. The park is really nice, tons of stuff to do. They have lockers that you can put your stuff in so that was good. The dolphin swim was nice also. The only downside is that they make you watch the 10 min edited video of your taped encounter and try to sell it to you.

I booked through the park also. The park is really nice, tons of stuff to do. They have lockers that you can put your stuff in so that was good. The dolphin swim was nice also. The only downside is that they make you watch the 10 min edited video of your taped encounter and try to sell it to you.

How much is the video? Approx. if you doN't know exactly

We did the dolphin tour on our own also in Cozmuel. We loved it. Small groups when we did it ourselves but maybe they are all small groups. At the time, just my daughter and I did it and my husband watched from a distance. They wouldn't let him get close to video. hmm. I wonder why?

We did the Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park while in Cozumel. Realllllly Enjoyed it, the groups were between 10 and 12 people. Plus there was a pool, nice lagoon and an OK place to snorkle.

If you choose Chankanaab, go ahead of book through carnival, because we went on our own and were asked what cruise ship we were on..and when we told them they charged us the Carnival price anyway... :rolleyes:... and the carnival price includes transportation to and from .

HTH,

Charles

This is from the Cozumel Tours web site:

Q: I'M ON A CRUISE SHIP - CAN I DO THESE EXCURSIONS?

A: Unfortunately, the dolphin center has cut a deal with the cruise ships to fix prices for cruise passengers at inflated cruise ship prices. That means that the dolphin center will no longer allow us to offer our great deals to you if you are on a ship. However, they are one of the only companies that limits cruise passenger choice in excursions, so we encourage you to check out our wide range of other exciting excursions and help support the local Cozumel economy instead. They are all priced to save you money over your ship's prices!

we were on a cruise where Cozumel was one of our stops but so was Roatan. I highly recommend doing it in Roatan. We knew a lot of people that did it in cozumel and it was a fortune. For example pictures cost them hundreds of dollars. In Roatan they took pics and let us take our cameras in as well. they put all the pics they took as well as an additional 25 of the different dolphins on a CD for us for only $50 bucks..Was well worth it and I highly recommend it. The area over there was really beautiful as well and there was only about 25 of us total. 4 people to a dolphin..Let me know if you would like me to post pics of this. thanks

We did the Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park while in Cozumel. Realllllly Enjoyed it, the groups were between 10 and 12 people. Plus there was a pool, nice lagoon and an OK place to snorkle.

If you choose Chankanaab, go ahead of book through carnival, because we went on our own and were asked what cruise ship we were on..and when we told them they charged us the Carnival price anyway... :rolleyes:... and the carnival price includes transportation to and from .

HTH,

Charles

When did u go? I was going to tell them i was staying in a condo!

However you book the Swim or Dive is better than the Encounter unless you just really don't want to go out in the water with them. It is true, you can spend more on the pictures and video than you did for the excursion, even if you paid the Carnival price.

After your swim you are allowed free access to the rest of the park and taxis are lined up to take you back any time you want.

we were on a cruise where Cozumel was one of our stops but so was Roatan. I highly recommend doing it in Roatan. We knew a lot of people that did it in cozumel and it was a fortune. For example pictures cost them hundreds of dollars. In Roatan they took pics and let us take our cameras in as well. they put all the pics they took as well as an additional 25 of the different dolphins on a CD for us for only $50 bucks..Was well worth it and I highly recommend it. The area over there was really beautiful as well and there was only about 25 of us total. 4 people to a dolphin..Let me know if you would like me to post pics of this. thanks

I would ♥ pictures. How much did you pay for excursion In Rouatan? How much was transportation? Thanks for your advice. How much were photos in Cozumel? (If anyone actually purchased them)

Ginger,

I am trying to determine whether to do the dolphin swim in Cozumel or Roatan. Could you post pics? Did you get to actually swim with the dolphins? I want to play in the water with them. I also am going to both ports and would rather cancel my roatan tour to swim with dolphins here if it is better. Thanks

Debra

When did u go? I was going to tell them i was staying in a condo!

This was our last cruise in March from Mobile to Cozumel. We took a cab from the port, got out and was one of the first people there. The lady asked if we were from a cruise ship...I said yes :(. I am sure you could use the name of a mainland hotel and that would probably work.

We did the Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park while in Cozumel this past APril. However, I did not pay the Carnival inflated price.

Here is what I did.

Go to cruisett.com and find a non carnival ship that is in port the same day as yours. I believe I chose a RCL ship.

When you go to the dolphin website, when it come to putting in what ship you are on, add your non carnival ship and go ahead and book.

When I got to the park, I checked in, they didnt ask me beans about what ship I was on and I had paid a total of $150 for the two of us to do the dolphin swim and they also threw in a manatee swim.

Now I booked in Feb. and they had a Valentines special, buy 1 swim, get the other half off, so I think I got a real bargain. I paid $50 for 2 pics on a disc which was outrageous, but I think this is something Ill only do once, so I got 2 really nice pictures.

Hope this helps!

Watch The Cove http://www.thecovemovie.com/ before you book any dolphin encounter excursions! :(

The practices of coralling and slaughter will not stop until there is no more demand. http://dolphinproject.org/

I am glad to see you posted this information. I thought I wanted to swim with the dolphins too until I did a little research. What I discovered was very sad indeed. Now there is no way I would participate in this activity.

We've done the dolphins at both Dolphinaris and Chankanaab. They were both very good. We were with friends at Dolphinaris and we bought one CD of photos and video and copied it. Try Shoretrips dot com. They have dolphin excursions also.

Sewut

Watch The Cove http://www.thecovemovie.com/ before you book any dolphin encounter excursions! :(

The practices of coralling and slaughter will not stop until there is no more demand. http://dolphinproject.org/

I was wondering when someone would be posting something like this. Of course I don't believe any of it. I might now make a point of taking in this excursion.

Archived