what do guys wear on their feet for elegant night

chihomg

I would think cowboy boots would be easier to slide off/on than the tennis shoes I make my family wear....DH and DS both wear size 15...do you know how hard it is to pack tennis shoes and dress shoes that size...:D

But look at how much protection you have for your rum runners.;)(Do not know if you do use them but..........................:p)

My husband wears slip on dress shoes, aka loafers. They are comfortable enough for him to still say, hey I'm on vacay, but they look nice with this clothing. If he were wearing a tux (which we stopped with all the charges for luggage since we always have to fly) then he would have of lace up dress shoes.

To each his or her own I say, I really rarely notice what others are wearing, I'm too busy enjoying myself.

Cheers, Carole

I have some hip/mobility issues. On elegant night I wore dockers, polo and some new black (non flashy) nikes. I need that support nike offers. They didn't know me and I didn't know them, so comfort was the tiebreaker. No one fainted from my footwear option.

I did some looks about the pink boa though

I was going to say my DH also uses black sneakers (either Nikes or similar) due to mobility issues. This past cruise he was completely impaired and confined to the scooter or a wheelchair, so he just wore his white ones and no one seemed to mind a bit (the black ones weren't wide enough to deal with the extreme swelling he had at the time).

I have yet to have my feet tattooed black, so I wear my dress, spit-shined Florsheim loafers with my tuxedo. I have yet to find a reasonably priced pair of opera pumps (what really should be worn with a tuxedo) so I follow my motto of no laces. I pack one pair of casual loafers, the dress loafers, one or two leather flip flops.

Doc

I have yet to have my feet tattooed black, so I wear my dress, spit-shined Florsheim loafers with my tuxedo. I have yet to find a reasonably priced pair of opera pumps (what really should be worn with a tuxedo) so I follow my motto of no laces. I pack one pair of casual loafers, the dress loafers, one or two leather flip flops.

Doc

Husband stopped taking his tuxedo because of the room his "opera pumps" took up. His excuse, anyway. So last cruise, I did an informal poll of what shoes were being worn with tuxedos. I found very, very few of the tuxedo shoes being worn. I saw mostly black tie shoes (even a pair of wing tips or two) and loafers (a couple with shiny gold buckles on them). So, as we say in Texas: "That dog won't hunt" anymore for his excuse of leaving the tux at home.

I remember back in my salad days the guys would wear their shined ROTC shoes when the need called for them as renting them with a tux was extra money (lol).

One time a friend of mine's husband left his black dress shoes at the hotel. He put black socks over his Nike's. This remembrance came in handy when my #1 son forgot his tux shoes when he was to be best man for #2 son's wedding. Fortunately, the wedding was outside so the grass covered up a lot (lol).

A hint for you ladies. I pack shoes inside my husband's shoes.

Tucker in Texas

Doc

Talk about reading wrong, I first saw he wore a dress and loafers.:eek:

Cruise critic posters have come to my "rescue" again. We are headed out of town for my high school reunion and packing is done. With all this talk about shoes, it occurred to me that DH had not laid out suitable shoes to wear with his blazer and slacks at the dinner for me to pack.

They are now packed with my dress shoes tucked inside of them. Thanks for whoever started this thread!

Tucker in Texas

I have a pair of black Nike's I wear each night in the MDR, including on elegant nights. I've had multiple back surgeries and can't wear hard heel/soled shoes. I need the cushion. No one, in 19 cruises, has ever denied me access to the MDR. Have people stared and disapproved? Probably. Do I care? No. The rest of the time, it's flip flops and shorts.

Archived