Chefs Table

Alamogirl

We enjoyed the Chefs Table on the Oasis and want to do it again on our Allure cruise and we want to take our nephews one is 14 and the other will be 2 weeks short of 18, but have heard no kids allowed. We take the boys to nice restaurants all the time to have them try new things and we would love for them to experience this also. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what would be the chances to get it approved?

We enjoyed the Chefs Table on the Oasis and want to do it again on our Allure cruise and we want to take our nephews one is 14 and the other will be 2 weeks short of 18, but have heard no kids allowed. We take the boys to nice restaurants all the time to have them try new things and we would love for them to experience this also. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what would be the chances to get it approved?

The rest of the guests, who are paying $95 a person, are expecting an adult experience.

Please do not ruin this for them.

:)

From RCI website-

Reservations

All guests must be over the age of 21 (emphasis mine). Reservations are recommended; please allow two hours for dining. You can begin the reservation process now or once onboard through RCTV in your stateroom or call the restaurant directly. Telephone numbers can be found in your stateroom. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD.

I'd have to agree w/ Merion Mom on this. It's all good and well that your nephews go to nice restaurants, but for a lot of cruisers, Chef's Table is the highlight of the cruise, a sophisticated, adult dining experience. I sometimes wonder why people feel so compelled to circumvent regulations and policies. Would not a meal at 150 Central Park be a reasonable compromise?

Copied from another thread

Chef's Table Confirmation

Also from the same thread

"We received your request for Chef’s Table. Guests must be 21 or older to

attend. If the guest are under 21 we have to request special access and we would have to arrange this ahead of time. We do not have the age of guest_2 , they are listed as unknown. Please email me back with the age information so we can proceed with the reservation. Thank you.

Regards,

XX

Specialty Dining – Chef’s Table

Royal Caribbean International

800-398-9819 option #"

So it seems if you call ahead maybe children can dine there. Just call RCI

I knew what the policy is I was just asking basically if it were set in stone. As to an "adult experience" my nephews have better manners then a lot of adults we have dined with on our cruises and they also know what FORMAL means whereas a lot of so called adults tend to ignore that but I guess that doesn't fit with the "adult experience". But thanks for comments!

I knew what the policy is I was just asking basically if it were set in stone. As to an "adult experience" my nephews have better manners then a lot of adults we have dined with on our cruises and they also know what FORMAL means whereas a lot of so called adults tend to ignore that but I guess that doesn't fit with the "adult experience". But thanks for comments!
Please keep in mind that the Chefs Table dining INCLUDES selected wine pairings with the various dishes-so to modify the concept of the dining experience for the adults to accomadate your " well mannered minors" would set a precedent that would change the whole concept-the next step would be"we had these well manored MINORS with us-they were not old enough to drink-give us an ajustment price wise,etc-PLEASE leave well enough along-give us our space

Please keep in mind that the Chefs Table dining INCLUDES selected wine pairings with the various dishes-so to modify the concept of the dining experience for the adults to accomadate your " well mannered minors" would set a precedent that would change the whole concept-the next step would be"we had these well manored MINORS with us-they were not old enough to drink-give us an ajustment price wise,etc-PLEASE leave well enough along-give us our space

I understand the concept i just think the comments were a tad strong, a simple yes or no would have sufficed. Not sure what your comment above meant but these threads at time tend to get a shall we say "rude".

[/color]

I understand the concept i just think the comments were a tad strong, a simple yes or no would have sufficed. Not sure what your comment above meant but these threads at time tend to get a shall we say "rude".

also-sorry if wording was such that you think rude-not intentional

Archived